A taste of Istanbul
A taste of Istanbul
|Purpose:||Discovery, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||4 days - 3 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Istanbul|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,429 including airfare|
Day 1 - Istanbul
Arrival to Istanbul Ataturk International Airport. Meet our driver or guide according to your arrival time and private transfer to your hotel. Meet with your guide at the hotel around 8 PM and go out for a dinner and night out to get your first taste of Istanbul's magic. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 -Istanbul (The Old City)
The first full day in Istanbul begins with a visit to the Hippodrome - for more than 1000 years the Hippodrome was the Byzantine center for sporting and social life; including chariot races, coronations, parades and court ceremonies. The Egyptian Obelisk (carved in 1500 BCE and moved to Istanbul in 390 AD) is one of the best-preserved obelisks in the world. After strolling around the Hippodrome area, we will visit the Blue Mosque - the Grand Mosque of the Ottomans. This is a still-functioning mosque and offers beautiful Iznik ceramic tile work inside as well as spectacular architecture inside and out. The Hagia Sophia is our next stop - regarded as one of the marvels of architecture and engineering, the Hagia Sophia is currently a museum with a rich history. Built in 537 AD it is still considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture. Later converted to a mosque and then to its current state as a museum, the Hagia Sofia is one of the highlights of your Turkish holiday. Before lunch we will also visit the underground Basilica Cistern which offers rows upon rows of marble columns and carved statues in this beautiful water reservoir. Enjoy your lunch with views of the Hagia Sofia. After lunch we will take a short stroll to the famous Topkapi Palace - the imperial palace of the Ottomans. After touring the palace, we will relax on the terraces of the palace overlooking the Bosporus of Istanbul and enjoy a cup of Turkish Coffee before returning to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul. [B/L]
Day 3 - Istanbul (Contemporary Tour)
Istanbul's proximity to Europe and The Middle East has made it a melting pot of both cultures. You will be able to see this reflected in the exhibits while visiting the Istanbul Modern Art Museum and the Pera Museum. Beyoglu Street, close to Pera Museum, frequently hosts contemporary art exhibitions. Your itinerary will be updated to take advantage of any new and important exhibitions offered during your stay. The highlight of this trip will be a visit to the "Museum of Innocence" which is based on a novel of the same name written by Turkish Nobel-Laureate writer, Orhan Pamuk. This novel, published on August 29, 2008, is an account of love between a wealthy businessman Kemal and a poorer distant relation Fusun during the period 1975 to 1984 in Istanbul. Although less frequented by the casual tourist, Pamuk has established an actual "Museum of Innocence", based on the museum he describes in his novel. In it he recreates scenes of everyday life and culture of Istanbul, to give the viewer a taste of the Historical period in which the novel is set. After sampling this rich literary aspect of Turkish culture, you will return to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul. [B/L]
Day 4 – Istanbul, Bosporus, USA
Your day will start with a stroll from the old city of Istanbul to the Golden Horn to catch a regular Bosporus cruise between the Asian and European continents. For an hour and more, you will be floating through the real history channel. Big mansions located by the water will take you to the 19th Century of Istanbul and your return will give amazing opportunities to take pictures of the Old City of Istanbul, once capital to Byzantium and Ottoman empires. You will embark by the Spice market and stroll in and around the bazaar where the Spices from India was sold to the Ottoman merchants before they sailed to Europe. The Spice market is now hosting several Turkish Delight shops giving you the opportunity to taste the great variety of Turkish Delights. Near the market, a hidden gem, the Rustem Pasha Mosque houses the best examples of Ottoman tiles, making the Blue Mosque jealous. After the tour, you will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight for your next destination. [B/L]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch
- Round-trip airfare USA-Istanbul
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- Lunches daily
- Professional English-speaking Tour Guide Throughout the tour
- Entrance fees to the stated museums
- Transportation by A/C minivan
- Professional driver
- Travel Insurance within Turkey
- Free bottled water in the vehicles for transfers and tours
- Local and government taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes related to airfares
- Travel insurance
- Optional tours and activities
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out (Most hotels begin check-in around 2:00pm).
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any service not specifically listed under "included”
Hotels in your Tour
Hotel will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,429 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: TK01IST21RT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.