Adriatic and the Balkans
Adriatic and the Balkans
|Purpose:||Relaxation, Discovery, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||15 days - 14 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Venice (Italy)|
|Other cities:||Istria, Opatija, Sibenik, Split, Trogir, Makarska, Mostar, Medjugorje, Dubrovnik, Hvar, Zadar, Plitvice, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Postojna|
|Starting cost:||From: $3,149 including airfare|
Day 1: Venice
Arrival to Venice airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel in Venice – Mestre region.
Day 2: Venice, Istria, Opatija
Breakfast at the hotel. Today we explore the largest Croatian peninsula, Istria. Our visit to Istria includes the beautiful cities Rovinj and Porec (note that the order can be changed without notice). Overnight at the hotel in Opatija. [B]
Day 3: Opatija, Sibenik, Split
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure towards central Dalmatia - Sibenik town. Free time at leisure. Departure towards Split. Arrival and overnight at the hotel in Split. [B]
Day 4: Split (Trogir)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning excursion to Trogir. In the afternoon we head back to Split and tour the city with a local guide. The visit includes entrances to the Diocletian’s Palace, Split Cathedral and Jupiter Temple. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 5: Split, Makarska, Mostar
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure towards Bosnia and Herzegovina. On our way we stop at a small coastline city of Makarska. Departure towards Herzegovina after some free time, and its most important city Mostar. Typical lunch in the old town of Mostar. Arrival and overnight at the hotel in Mostar. (B,L)
Day 6: Mostar, Medjugorje, Dubrovnik
After breakfast city we head for the tour of Mostar with a local guide. We will visit a typical Turkish house and, of course, see the symbol of Mostar - the old bridge. Free time for lunch after the visit (lunch by own arrangement). Departure towards Medjugorje and free time. Afterwards continuation to Dubrovnik. Arrival in Dubrovnik, check in and overnight at the hotel in Dubrovnik. [B]
Day 7: Dubrovnik
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from the hotel to Old town where we meet our local guide and see the most important monuments of this city known as “The Pearl of Adriatic”. We will visit the Franciscan monastery with the most ancient pharmacy in the world. The afternoon is at leisure. You may continue to explore this beautiful city on your own. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 8: Dubrovnik, Hvar
After breakfast we leave Dubrovnik and continue north towards Drvenik. We arrive to a small port where we board a ferry and cruise to Sucuraj, port on the south side of Hvar island. We continue crossing the whole island to the city of Hvar. Arrival and overnight. [B]
Day 9: Hvar
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure or you can join an optional excursion proposed by your tour leader. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 10: Hvar, Zadar
Embark on a ferry and cruise to Split (APROX. 01:45H). Continue towards Zadar. Arrival and city tour of Zadar with a local guide. Check in and overnight at the hotel in Zadar. [B]
Day 11: Zadar, Plitvice, Zagreb
Breakfast at the hotel. Today we leave Zadar to visit the national park Plitvice lakes. Arrival and visit of the Park. After the visit we proceed to Zagreb, check in and overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 12: Zagreb, Ljubljana
Breakfast at the hotel. Today we go to Croatian’s capital and its largest city, Zagreb. Upon arrival we meet with a local guide and do a panoramic tour by bus where we will see the most important Zagreb sites. This panoramic tour ends in the front of the Cathedral where we continue our city tour on foot. After the visit we proceed to Ljubljana. Ljubljana sightseeing. Check in and overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 13: Ljubljana (Bled)
Transfer to Bled after breakfast at the hotel. Visit of Bled. Afternoon at leisure. You may ride the Pletna boat and visit St. Mary’s church on a little island in the middle of the lake. Return to Ljubljana. Overnight. [B]
Day 14: Ljubljana, Postojna, Venice (Mestre)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning departure towards Italy. Our first stop is Postojna, where we will visit the best-known cave in the world and the world’s largest karst monuments - the Postojna cave. (Kindly note that both clothing and footwear should be adapted to the constant temperature of 8-10 degrees Celsius (46-50 degrees Fahrenheit) during the whole year). Part of the tour is a cave train ride and part of it is on foot. Continue direct to Venice Mestre. Check in and overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 15: Venice, USA
Transfer to the airport after breakfast at the hotel. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
- Round-trip airfare USA-Venice
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 14 nights accommodation:
- Venice 2 nights
- Opatija 1 night
- Split 2 nights
- Mostar 1 night
- Dubrovnik 2 nights
- Hvar 2 nights
- Zadar 1 night
- Zagreb 1 night
- Ljubljana 2 nights
- Daily breakfast
- 1 lunch
- City tours in:
- Entrance fees for:
- Split (Diocletian’s Palace)
- Mostar (Turkish house)
- Dubrovnik (Franciscan monastery & pharmacy)
- Plitvice national park
- Postojna (cave with audio guide)
- A/C vehicle adapted to number in party
- English/Spanish speaking tour director throughout the tour
- English-speaking local guides
- Ferry tickets to Hvar and from Hvar
Not included in tour
- Taxes and surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- Early check-in or late check-out at hotels
- Services and food not listed in the itinerary
- Any visit or entrance in the monuments
- Beverages during the meals
- Hotel extras, and personal expenses.
- Tips for guides, drivers and in restaurant
Hotels in your Tour
|Venice||Hotel Antony Palace||4.5|
|Dubrovnik||Grand Hotel Park||4|
|Ljubljana||Hotel Austria Trend||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $3,149 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: CR04VCE21UT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.