Adventure Under the Northern Lights
Adventure Under the Northern Lights
Adventure under the Northern Lights
8 days – 7 nights
Stockholm, Swedish Lapland, Kiruna, Muonio, Kittila
Eco-Tourism, Nature, Discovery, Culture
This program may be operated for individual or for small groups
This is a suggested itinerary – Please call us to customize
Day 1: Kiruna, Lapland (The 4 major Lapp predators)
Upon arrival, transfer to your accommodation, located on the Finnish-Swedish border in the middle of nature (1 hour). Welcome by your local hosts with a welcome drink and discussion of the program of activities. After dinner, first presentation of the series on Scandinavian fauna “the great predators of Lapland”: today, the lynx, shy and discreet. Night in a wooden chalet. With any luck, you might already see the Northern Lights dancing in the sky on that first night out in Lapland. Know that according to a Finnish legend, a magical fox roams the Arctic mountains, swirling the snow and lighting up the sky with its tail that projects sparks. The modern Finnish term for the aurora, revontulet, meaning "fox fires", comes directly from this myth. [D]
- Round-trip airfare USA-Stockholm
- Round-trip airfare Stockholm-Kiruna
- 7 night’s accommodation in Lapland
- Breakfast daily
- 6 lunches
- 7 dinners
- The 4 major Lapp predators
- Snowshoes in the Lappish taiga
- Lakes and hills by dog sled
- Reindeer herders and the large Lappish spaces
- Forest skiing and trapper experience
- Expedition in the taiga
- The unique encounter with a Sami breeder
- Varied activities: skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding
- English-speaking Local Finnish or Swedish guide
- English-speaking local professional musher for dog sledding
- English speaking Sami reindeer herding family
- Local taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel Insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips to driver and guides
Locations will be determined by weather conditions at time of trip
From: $3,759 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
These programs can be customized for individuals and for small groups of maximum 12 people.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: SE03KRN21VT
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.