|Purpose:||Discovery, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||5 day - 4 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Palerma, Catania|
|Other cities:||Monreale, Erice, Segesta, Trapani, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina|
|Starting cost:||From: $935 including airfare|
Day 1 - Mon: Palermo
Upon arrival at the airport you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel.Meet the rest of the participants at your hotel. Dinner. Overnight at hotel. [D]
Day 2 - Tue: Palermo (Monreale, Erice)
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. In the morning, departure to Monreale and enjoy the visit of the Cathedral famous for its mosaics as well as the Benedictine cloister. In the morning visit keeps on with the Sicilian Capital which includes the Palatine Chapel in the Royal Palace, Palermo’s Cathedral as well as a panoramic city tour. Lunch at hotel. Afternoon at leisure or possibility to participate to an optional excursion to Erice, small medieval village in the Trapani’s province (to be paid locally. Will be operated with a minimum of participants and need to be paid on the spot). Dinner. Overnight at your hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 3 - Wed: Palermo, Segesta, Trapani, Agrigento
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. Departure to Segesta to visit the Doric temple surrounded by a splendid landscape. Continue to the western part of Sicily for the panoramic tour of Trapani with its salt pans. Visit the salt pans surrounded by mills, which are used for the extraction of the famous salt of Trapani. Continue to Selinunte where we will be enjoying a special lunch at a local farmhouse including an oil tasting famous in the area. After the lunch, depart to Agrigento and experience the visit of the Valley of the Temples where we will be able to admire the best-preserved temples in the whole Magna Grecia. Dinner. Overnight at hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 4 - Thu: Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Catania
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. Depart to Piazza Armerina and visit the Villa Romana del Casale famous for its more than 37,700 sq. feet of well-preserved mosaics. Lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, departure to Catania where we will stop at a local bar to taste one of the local sweets. Then enjoy a panoramic tour of the second biggest city in Sicily, known for its baroque style buildings. Dinner. Overnight at hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 5 – Fri: Catania, USA
Breakfast at hotel. At the appointed time you’ll be transferred to the airport for you flight back home [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Airfare USA-Palermo//Catania-USA
- Arrival and departure shared transfers
- 4 nights’ accommodation in first class hotels:
- Palermo 2 nights
- Agrigento 1 night
- Catania 1 night
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch daily
- Dinner daily
- Entrance fees at:
- Palermo - Palatine Chapel
- Monreale – Cloister
- Segesta - Doric Temple
- Agrigento - Valley of the Temples
- P. Armerina - Roman Villa del Casale
- 1 olive oil tasting + 1 typical local sweet
- Compulsory whispers for visit to Palermo, Monreale Cathedrals
- Wireless audio kit per person throughout the tour
- Transportation on deluxe A/C vehicle accordingly to the number of passengers
- Spanish and English-speaking tour guide or driver/guide
- Panoramic visits (no local guides) in Segesta, Trapani and Catania.
- Visits by clients’ own at Villa Romana del Casale.
- Local guides for visits to Palermo and Agrigento.
- City taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Dioscuri Bay Palace||3.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
In some departures he hotel could be in Taormina instead of Catania
From: $935 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT01PMO21VS
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.