Best of the Azores
Best of the Azores
|Purpose:||Ecotourism, Relaxation, Discovery|
|No. of days:||7 days - 6 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Ponta Delgada|
|Other cities:||Furnas, Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Ponta Delgada, Lagoa do Fogo, Lagoa das Furnas, Island North-east, Angra do Heroismo, Praia da Victoria, Biscoitos|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,865 including airfare|
Day 1: Ponta Delgada, Furnas
After arrival Immigration and Customs at Ponta Delgada airport you’ll be met by your driver and transferred to your hotel in Furnas. Free rest of the day to rest and relax.
Day 2: Furnas (Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Ponta Delgada)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to the western part of the island, where the mountains and the Lagoa das Sete Cidades (Lake of the Seven Cities) are located. From Vista do Rei look-out you will enjoy a panoramic view of the lake, asleep inside a huge volcanic crater. Descent to the village of Sete Cidades, a faithful image of the rural life of the Azores. Overlooking a natural bay, the city of Ponta Delgada has a rich history and architectural heritage. The Portas da Cidade (City Gates) are the perfect starting point for exploring the city. They are quickly identified by their three arches that link the sea front area and the Praça da República. Note the typical architecture that emphasizes the contrast between the white walls and the details in basalt, embellished with lacy iron balconies. While in São Miguel island, we suggest you enjoy a whale watching experience. Overnight in Furnas. [B]
Day 3: Furnas (Lagoa do Fogo, Lagoa das Furnas)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Lagoa do Fogo. On the way, we will be able to appreciate the beauty of the lagoon, with its crystalline waters that reflect the surrounding landscape. We continue the visit, but this time on the north coast to Ribeira Grande where the ba-roque architecture of the 17th and 18th centuries characterizes this city. From the viewpoint of Pico do Ferro we will see the breath-taking landscapes of the oldest and largest volcanic crater on the island, in which lies the Lagoa das Furnas. Overnight in Furnas. [B]
Day 4: Furnas (Island Northeast)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure through the north cost directly to one of Nordeste´s highlights – The Natural Park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões where waterfalls and windmills are to be seen surrounded by luxuriant vegetation. The Tour continues across Nordeste village, known by its beautiful gardens and well-preserved streets where flowers seem to bloom in every corner. Following to the viewpoints of the northeast side of the island: Ponta do Arnel, Ponta do Sossego e Ponta da Madrugada, these view -points are known by its beautiful and colorful gardens, offering an awesome view over the steep east coast and the sea. The next stop will be in Povoação Village, situated in the most south-eastern part of the island, is where the first Portuguese navigators arrived. The lunch will be served in a local restaurant. Povoação means settlement because it was in fact the first settlement of the island. After the tour follows to Salto do Cavalo viewpoint with an unforgettable scenery of both villages Furnas and Povoação. Return by the North Coast of the Island. Overnight in Furnas. [B]
Day 5: Furnas, Ponta Delgada, Angra do Heroismo
After breakfast at the hotel you’ll be met by your driver and transferred to the airport to board your short flight to Lages Airport. On arrival at Terceira Island you’ll again be met by you driver and transferred to your hotel in Angra do Heroísmo. Rest of day at leisure. [B]
Day 6: Angra do Heroismo (Praia da Victoria, Biscoitos)
Breakfast at the hotel. What makes the island of Terceira so special is the magnificent contrast between the natural beauty of this volcanic island and the admirable work that man has done in the historical center of Angra do Heroísmo, his capital city founded in 1534, the first town in the Azores to enjoy the status of city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Angra is an ideal starting point for exploring the coastal area of the island. Take a drive to Praia da Vitória, with the Ilhéus das Cabras (islets) in the background, through the bay of Salga and the black sand beaches surrounded by cliffs such as Porto Novo. Continue to Biscoitos, home of the famous Verdelho wine, where you can visit the Wine Museum and the seaside area with natural pools, such as Ponta do Queimado. Overnight in Angra do Heroísmo. [B]
Day 7: Angra do Heroismo, Ponta Delgada, USA
Breakfast at the hotel and some free time depending on your flight schedule. At the appointed time you’ll be picked up for a transfer to Lages airport to board your flight connecting in Ponta Delgada. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
· Round-trip airfare New York/Ponta Delgada
· Round-trip airfare Ponta Delgada)/ Angra do Heroísmo (TER) including 20 Kg of luggage
· Arrival and departure transfers at both airports
· 6 nights’ accommodation:
o São Miguel 4 nights
o Terceira 2 nights
· Breakfast daily
· Full-day tour to Lagoa das Sete Cidades and Ponta Delgada
· Full-day tour to Lagoa do Fogo and Lagoa das Furnas
· Full-day to Praia da Vitória and Biscoitos
· Full-day Tour to Nordeste
· Private vehicle with for transfers and excursions
· English speaking driver-guide during visits
· English-speaking guide for walking tours
· Entrance fees as required
· All local taxes
· Taxes related to international airfares
· Travel insurance
· Meals and beverages not mentioned under inclusions
· Guide service
· Porterage service
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Any item not mentioned as “Included”
· Tips to guides or drivers
· Other services not mentioned in the program
|São Miguel||Furnas||Boutique Hotel||4.5|
|Terceira||Angra do Heroismo||Azoris Angra Garden||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
|No. In Party||2-3 Pax||4-8 Pax||9-15 Pax|
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person, are valid through September ‘22 and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: PT14PDL22OT
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Private arrival and/or departure transfer
· The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
· We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.