Black Forest and Romantic Germany
Black Forest and Romantic Germany
|Purpose:||Relaxation, Culture, History, Culinary|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Frankfurt,, Munich|
|Other cities:||Heidelberg, Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Colmar, Strasbourg, Lindau, FÃ¼ssen, Neuschwanstein, Wieskirche, Oberammergau, Linderhof|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,535 including airfare|
Day 1 – Sat: Frankfurt
Arrival at Frankfurt airport and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free to spend at your leisure. Frankfurt is the financial and commercial heart of Germany, a city full of fascinating contrasts between modern development and historic landmarks. At 7 pm you meet your guide at the welcome dinner at the hotel. Accommodation at the hotel. [D]
Day 2 - Sun: Frankfurt (Rüdesheim, St. Goar)
After breakfast we travel to Rüdesheim. Short tour of the city‘s historic center. Next we board a ship and sail along the most picturesque stretch of the Rhine: the Lorelei valley. During the cruise we enjoy a wine tasting. We disembark in St. Goar and return to Frankfurt for overnight accommodation. [B/T]
Day 3 - Mon: Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Baden-Baden, Freiburg
In the morning you travel to Heidelberg to visit the famous castle, followed by a tour of the historic city center. Idyllically located on the shores of the Neckar River, Heidelberg is Germany’s oldest university town and one of the most popular destinations in the country. We travel to Baden-Baden, the former summer residence of the European nobility and worldwide known for its thermal baths. Then continue the tour to lovely Freiburg, famous for its beautiful church tower. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 4 - Tue: Freiburg (Colmar, Strasbourg)
The Rhine River forms the natural border between Germany and France. After crossing the river we arrive in Colmar. This city is known for its outstanding wines and architectural heritage that reflect the long history of this region and the German and French influences. Enjoy a typical Alsatian lunch. After that we continue to Strasbourg, the capital of Alsace. Sightseeing tour of the city. Being the base of several European institutions, Strasbourg is also a symbolic capital of Europe. In the afternoon we return to Freiburg for accommodation at the hotel. [B/L]
Day 5 - Wed: Freiburg, Lindau, Füssen
After breakfast we drive to the Black Forest and enjoy a short presentation on the cuckoo clock production. We continue to a small traditional Black Forest farm where we have a cheese tasting and you see the real Black Forest. After that we continue the tour to the small island of Lindau in Lake Constance, which offers spectacular views of the Alps. Depending on weather conditions, we will take the Alpine road from Lindau to Oberstaufen and Immenstadt to our final destination Füssen, the southernmost point on our tour of Romantic Germany. Accommodation at the hotel. [B/T]
Day 6 - Thu: Füssen (Neuschwanstein, Wieskirche, Oberammergau, Linderhof)
We start the day with a visit to Neuschwanstein Castle, built by Ludwig II, the notorious “Mad King“. At midday, we travel to Oberammergau, famous for its Passion Play and lovely crafts. Along the way, we visit the Wieskirche Church and take a brief stop at the Ettal Benedictine Abbey before continuing the tour to visit Linderhof Castle. This is one of the three castles built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria and the only one where the king actually lived for a significant amount of time. Return to Füssen for accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 7 - Fri: Füssen, Munich
In the morning we travel to Munich, the capital of Bavaria. We visit the city’s main attractions, concluding the tour at the Marienplatz square with its famous clock tower. Munich, the capital of the state of Bavaria is famous for its Oktoberfest, which is annually celebrated in September. The afternoon is free to explore at your leisure. In the evening, you enjoy a traditional Bavarian dinner. Accommodation at the hotel in Munich. [B/D]
Day 8 - Sat: Munich, USA
Have breakfast at your hotel and be ready for the transfer to Munich Airport for your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch | [B/T] = Breakfast and Tasting
- Airfare USA-Frankfurt/Munic-USA
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 11 nights accommodation at First Class hotels:
- Frankfurt – 2 nights
- Freiburg – 2 nights
- Füssen – 2 nights
- Munich – 1 nights
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 1 lunch
- 2 dinners
- Rhine cruise with wine tasting
- Visit of a local Black Forest farm with cheese tasting
- Admission to the Castles of Heidelberg, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
- Visit of a cuckoo clock visitor center
- Sightseeing and excursions as described
- Transportation by A/C vehicle
- English speaking tour driver/guide during the entire tour
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
- Hotels in your Tour
Hotels in your Tour
|Frankfurt||Mövenpick Frankfurt City||4.5|
|Füssen||Best Western Plus||4|
|Munich||Eden Hotel Wolff||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,535 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: DE01MUC21MT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.