8 Days – 7 nights
Larnaca, Paphos, Limassol, Omodos, Agros, Ayia Napa, Phikardou, Famagusta, Lania, Monastery of Kykkos, Monastery of Troditissa
Dicovery, Religion, Culture, History
This program may be operated for individuals or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary
Day 1: Larnaca, Paphos
After clearing Immigration and Customs at the airport you’ll be met by our driver who will transfer you to Paphos, about 1 hour away, for check-in at your hotel. Rest of the day free. Dinner at your hotel. [D]
Day 2: Paphos
Explore Paphos. Visit the catacombs of St. Solomoni and the Pillar of St. Paul. Have a walk around the beautiful Paphos Harbour. Explore the Greek mythology visiting the House of Dionysus, a Roman Villa with beautiful floor mosaics. See the 9th century Basilica of St. Paraskevi. Continue to the ancient “Kurrium”, driving through the citrus gardens. See the Greek- Roman amphitheatre and the well-preserved mosaics. Get to the Rock of Aphrodite, where is said that the Goddess of Love and Beauty was born from the sea foam. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 3: Paphos, Nicosia, Lefkara, Larnaca
Departure to Nicosia, the only divided capital in the world. Pass by Famagusta Gate and continue to the Archbishop’s Palace. Visit St. John’s Cathedral. Explore the city center. Visit the Byzantine Museum with its priceless collection of icons and paintings. Have a walk around the picturesque old quarter of “Laiki Yitonia”. Travel to the village of Lefkara, famous for its handmade “lefkaritika” laces and silverware. Continue to St. Lazarus Church in Larnaca. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 4: Larnaca (Limassol, Omodos, Agros)
Departure to Limassol where you will enjoy a visit to a sponge workshop and exhibition at the old harbor. Drive to the beautiful village of Omodos with its white houses. Omodos is built around the most ancient monastery of Cyprus, the Holy Cross which contains old icons, excellent woodcarving and other ecclesiastical objects of interest. Visit an old wine-press known as Linos. Continue to Olympus winery. Sample some of the famous brands of Cypriot wine. Drive to Agros, the village famous for its rosewater. Visit the rose distillery. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 5: Larnaca (Ayia Napa, Phikardou)
The tour starts with a visit of the female monastery Agia Napa, created by the mother of Emperor Constantine. Wash your face in the Holy Water Spring, which helps against eye and skin sickness. Drive to the unique old village of Phikardou, part of the UNESCO culture heritage. Continue on to the Macharias Monastery, to one of the great monasteries of XII-century, at the place where St. Neophytos found an icon of the Virgin Mary. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 6: Larnaca (Famagusta)
Cross the Green Line into the north, known as the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. After passport control, enter Famagusta and explore the old city encircled by the historical walls, dating back to mediaeval times. They are also referred to in one of the well- known Shakespeare's plays “Othello”. Visit St. Nicolas cathedral, the largest medieval Gothic style building in Famagusta. Drive to the first Hellenic civilisation settlement of the island - Salamina - the capital of Cyprus as far back as 1100 BCE Walk around the impressive well preserved amphitheatre and Gymnasium. Continue to see the tomb of Apostle Barnabas – who introduced Christianity in Cyprus. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 7: Larnaca (Laneia, Monastery of Kykkos, Monastery of Troditissa)
Departure to the village of Laneia. Explore the traditional handcrafts and try some local wine. See Mount Olympus – the highest point of Cyprus. Take in the panoramic views from Troodos Square. Drive to “Throni”. See the Tomb of Archbishop Makarios 3, the first President of Cyprus. Enjoy the spectacular views of the countryside and the pine forest, driving to the famous Holy Monastery of Kykkos, dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The monastery houses one of the three surviving icons painted by St. Luke. Continue to the Monastery of Troditissa. Admire a spectacular panoramic view. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 8: Larnaca, USA
At the appointed time our driver will pick you up at the hotel and drive you to the airport to board your connecting flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
· Round-trip airfare USA/Larnaca/ USA
· Arrival and departure transfers
· 7 nights’ accommodation at chosen hotels:
o Paphos 2 nights
o Larnaca 5 nights
o Breakfast daily
o Dinner daily
· Sightseeing of Paphos
· Tour of Nicosia
· Shop for “lefkaritika” ;(lace & silver)
· Visit St. Lazarus Church
· Enjoy a visit to a sponge workshop in Limassol
· Visit the Holy Cross Monastary
· Tour the Linos Old wine-press
· Cypriot wine tasting at Olympus winery
· Visit the Rose distellery in Agros
· Discover the female monastery Agia Napa
· Visit the old Village of Phikardou
· See the Macharias Monastery
· Excursion to Famagusta in Turkish Cyprus
· Transportation by A/C vehicle
· English-speaking driver/guide
· Entrance fees for sites visited
· All local taxes
· Taxes and fees associated with airfares
· Passport fees
· Travel insurance
· Extra drinks alcoholic or not
· Meals not indicate in the itineray
· Phone calls
· Tips to guides or drivers
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|Paphos||Alexander the Great Beach Ho-tel||5|
|Larnaca||Radisson Blu Hotel, Larnaca||4.5|
|Larnaca||The Ciao Stelio Deluxe Hotel||4.5|
Accommodations will be confirmed at time of booking
Prices on request.
These programs can be customized for individuals and groups. Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: CY01LCA22VT
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.