Classic Greece & Mykonos
Classic Greece & Mykonos
|Purpose:||Relaxation, History, Culture|
|No. of days:||10 days - 9 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Athens|
|Other cities:||Corinth, Olympia, Napflion, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora, Mykonos|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,925 including airfare|
Day 1: Athens
Upon arrival at Athens airport you’ll be met, assisted by our representative and and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to rest and relax. Enjoy dinner and overnight at the hotel. [D]
Day 2: Athens (Cape Sounio)
Morning Athens city tour of Athens. This tour gives you the opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896 (short stop). Continue and pass by the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian's Arch, the Parliament and the Monument of the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma). At the Acropolis you will visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts order in the mind”, the Parthenon. In the afternoon continue to famous Cape Sounio and visit the Temple of Poseidon where you visit the remains of the ancient temple overlooking the Aegean Sea. Enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the Greek coast along the beautiful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni and Varkiza. This escapade also allows to combine various pleasures: grandiose setting, archeological site overlooking the sea, superb views of the coast, beautiful beaches and traditional Greek taverns. Stay until the evening to admire the magnificent sunset over the sea. Return to the hotel for overnight. [B]
Day 3: Athens, Corinth Canal, Epidaurus, Nafplion, Mycenae, Olympia
Depart for a 4-day classical tour. Leave by the coastal road to the Corinth Canal (short stop). Drive on and visit the Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Then proceed to the town of Nafplio (short photo stop), drive on to Mycenae and visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. [B/D]
Day 4: Olympia, Delphi
In the morning visit the Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the ancient Stadium, the spot where the torch of the modern Olympic Games is lit and the Archaeological Museum. Then drive on through the plains of Ilia and Achaia until the magnificent bridge that crosses the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos (Lepanto) and Itea, arrive in Delphi for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 5: Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
In the morning visit the Archaeological Site and the Museum of Delphi, the most famous oracle of the ancient world. Depart for Kalambaka, a small town located at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora, gigantic rocks. Continue to the hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 6: Meteora, Athens
Visit Meteora, a striking scenery: perched on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless Monasteries, where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (short stop to see across the road the Leonida's Monument). Arrive in Athens early in the evening. [B]'
Day 7: Athens, Mykonos
After breakfast you be transferred to port of Piraeus to take the high-speed ferry to Mykonos. Upon arrival transfer to hotel. Take in the beautiful landscape before your eyes, relax, mix with the locals, Enjoy the traditional drink, listen to music and try your step at the sirtakis! Overnight. [B]
Day 8: Mykonos, Athens
After breakfast at the hotel be ready for your transfer to Mykonos’s port for the ferry back to Athens. Upon arrival transfer to hotel. Overnight. [B]
Day 9: Athens
Take a leisurely breakfast at your hotel and enjoy the day completing your visit of Athens, shopping for souvenirs or just relaxing at one of the several cafes or restaurants with esplanades. [B]
Day 10: Athens, USA
Enjoy your breakfast and, maybe some time free depending on your flight schedule. At the appointed time you will be transferred to Athens airport to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- Round-trip airfare USA-Athens
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Private transfers between piers and hotels.
- 9 nights’ accommodation:
- Athens – 5 nights
- Olympia – 1 night
- Delphi – 1 night
- Meteora – 1 night
- Mykonos – 1 night
- Daily breakfast
- 4 dinners
- Half-day sightseeing of Athens tour including Acropolis site & museum
- Half-day excursion to Cape Sounio and Poseidon Temple
- 4-day Classical tour
- Official English-speaking Guide for tours on a shared basis.
- Transfers during tours on deluxe A/C 49-seater coach on a shared basis
- Admissions to sites during all tours
- Water on vehicle during private transfers
- Hotel porterage Connections to Mykonos by high speed ferry (or, regular ferry if highspeed ferry is not available during winter months)
- All taxes included (inclusive also of daily hotel accommodation tax).
Not included in tour
- Any international airfare taxes and surcharges
- Travel insurance
- Wi-Fi at hotels
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
Hotels in your Tour
|First Class Hotels|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,925 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: GR06ATH21UT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.