6 days – 5 nights
Riga, Sigulda, Rundale Palace, Jurmala
Discovery, Fun, Culture, History
This program may be operated for individual or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary – Please call us to customize
Day 1: Riga
Upon arrival at Riga’s international airport you’ll be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel in Brussels. The rest of the day is free. An optional dinner can be arranged for this evening.
Recommended restaurant: Vincent’s Restaurant (4.7)
Day 2: Riga
The capital of Latvia, whose old town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is too often overshadowed by neighboring Baltics, Tallinn or Vilnius. However, Riga is beautiful ... We invite you to visit Riga to discover one of the pearls of the Baltic. The tour starts in Old Riga. Visit Dome Cathedral with one of the world's largest pipe organs and continues to St. Peter's Church, the oldest in Riga. Enjoy the fascinating views of the city. See Freedom Monument, erected to celebrate Latvia's independence and many other historical buildings. [B]
Recommended restaurant: 3 pavāru restorāns "Tam labam būs augt" (4.6)
Day 3: Riga (Sigulda)
Travel to Gauja National Park in Sigulda. The territory has a wide variety of species counting about 900 plant species. Gauja is the most popular river in Latvia for water tourism, and many tourist sites are along the coast. The Gauja National Park is one of the best protected areas in Latvia on natural trails and tourist routes. The characteristic trails in Ligatne pass through the pens of wild animals: the biggest and most complete object of this kind in the Baltic States. The park also features cultural monuments of pan-Baltic significance: the Turaida Museum Reserve, the medieval old town of Cesis with its famous ruins of the castle and the church of St. John, the lake castle in Araishi and etc. Explore Latvia’s most beautiful mountain region, where the beauty of nature becomes an integral part of the city. Enjoy a walk in the ancient oak forests amongst wild flowers. Visit Turaida Castle, built in Brick Gothic style and Sigulda New Castle. Back to Riga. [B]
Recommended restaurant: Muusu (4.6)
Day 4: Riga (Rundale Palace)
Travel to one of the masterpieces of 18th century baroque architecture, Rundale Palace, built as a summer residence for the Duke of Courland, Ernst Johann Biron. Admire the splendor of the rococo hall, the golden throne room, the white dance hall and the big gallery. View the small cabinets where Japanese and Chinese porcelain collections are located. Departure to Riga. [B]
Recommended restaurant: Bibliotéka1 (4.6)
Day 5, Riga (Jurmala)
The tour continues with a trip to Jūrmala, a famous spa destination. Jūrmala is often called the “Northern Riviera”. Similarly, to the Vidzeme coastal resort area northeast of Riga, Jūrmala was formed by uniting several older ﬁshing villages and swimming settlements. Jūrmala’s swimming culture is centuries old, although it has changed over the years and bent to each era’s style and habits. Today, Jūrmala’s 15-mile-long beach has 11 established swimming areas. Relax and enjoy Jūrmala’s clean air, curative mineral springs and mud baths, all in the setting of a virgin pine forest. Back to Riga. [B]
Recommended restaurant: Riviera (4.7)
Day 6: Riga, USA
Breakfast at the hotel and some free time depending on your flight schedule. At the appointed time you’ll be picked-up and transferred to the airport to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
- Round-trip airfare USA-Riga
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Assistance at airports
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- Full sightseeing program:
- Old Riga
- Dome Cathedral
- St. Peter's Church
- Freedom Monument
- Gauja National Park
- Turaida Castle
- Rundale Palace
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees for sites visited
- Transportation be A/C vehicle
- All local taxes
Not included in tour
- Any taxes and surcharges relating to airfares
- Lunches and dinners
- Travel insurance
- Wi-Fi at hotels
- Optional tours and activities
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out (Most hotels begin check-in around 2:00pm).
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any service not specifically listed under "included
|RIga||Grand Palace Hotel||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,039 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: LV01RIX21VT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.