|Purpose:||Relaxation, Discovery, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Vienna|
|Other cities:||Krems, Dürnstein, Melk, Linz, Salzburg, Lake District, Wörthersee, Stegersbach, Graz|
|Starting cost:||From: $5,405 including airfare|
Day 1: Vienna
Upon arrival at the airport of Vienna transfer to the hotel. Welcome drink and time to rest. Tonight, exclusive dinner on the Ferris-wheel in the Prater attractions/amusement park. In your private cabin you can enjoy the captivating view of the city. Furthermore, you enjoy a full romantic environment during a candlelight dinner which has been prepared especially for you. [B/D]
Day 2: Vienna
In the morning you enjoy a sightseeing tour of Vienna in a traditional Fiaker, which is the best way to go back to the old Vienna and enjoy the experience aboard the traditional horse-drawn carriage. Austria’s current capital and the former capital of the Austrian-Hungarian empire is one of the most important cultural centers in Europe and one of the most romantic cities in the world. Visit the city’s famous operas and beautiful parks, admire the Baroque architecture and the Prater. Listen to classical music, explore the home town of composers such as Beethoven, Mozart or Haydn and sample the world-renowned chocolate Sachertorte. You also visit the Hofburg and the palace of Schönbrunn. In the evening you have the option of enjoying a gala dinner with live classical music (not included). [B]
Day 3: Vienna, Krems, Dürnstein
Depart from Vienna and travel to the Wachau Valley, a beautiful scenic landscape dominated by the Danube river. One of the popular tourist destinations in lower Austria, the valley lies between the towns of Melk and Krems. Another well-known destination is Dürnstein, where King Richard the Lionheart from England was held captive by Duke Leopold V. Enjoy a boat trip on the Danube. Accommodation at the elegant hotel castle of Schloss Dürnstein. [B]
Day 4: Dürnstein, Melk, Linz, Salzburg
After breakfast we travel along the Danube valley and visit the Benedict Abbey of Melk, Austria’s most significant example of baroque architecture. Stop in Linz, located on the banks of the Danube, before arriving in Salzburg in the evening. [B]
Day 5: Salzburg (Lake District - Salzkammergut)
Start the day with a sightseeing tour of Salzburg. The historic center seems to be dominated by church spires, medieval forts and, especially, the Hohensalzburg Fortress. On top of all these attractions, Salzburg is also the birthplace of composer W. A. Mozart. In the afternoon we explore the lovely Lake District of Salzburg. Take the cable car to the top of Mount Zwölferhorn to enjoy the spectacular views of Wolfgangsee Lake. At night return to Salzburg. In the evening you have the option of enjoying a gala dinner with live classical music (not included). [B]
Day 6: Salzburg, Wörthersee
In the morning we travel to the alpine lake of Wörthersee. The lake is an important tourist attraction, located on the border of three countries: Austria, Slovenia and Italy. The lake is a favorite destination for Austrians, who are attracted by its Mediterranean-like climate, friendly atmosphere an idyllic setting between hills and mountains. Enjoy a tour of these cities along the shores of the lake. Accommodation in the Schlosshotel Velden hotel/castle. [B]
Day 7: Wörthersee, Graz, Stegersbach
After breakfast we travel to Graz, a wonderful student town, which was nominated the European Capital of Culture in the year 2003. Graz is also known as the city of design, due to its high number of museums, galleries and independent fashion shops that offer models from local and international designers. Enjoy a tour of Graz’ old city center, a UNESCO world heritage site. In the evening you can relax in the spa of Hotel Falkenstein Balance Resort Stegersbach, only 30 miles from Graz where you stay for the last night of your tour. At night a delicious farewell dinner awaits you in one of the best restaurants in town. [B/D]
Day 8: Stegersbach, Graz, Vienna, USA
The morning is at your leisure in Graz. You can continue exploring the cultural life of the city or climb the Schlossberg that offers a panoramic view of the city. In the afternoon travel back to Vienna airport to board your flight back to the USA.
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and dinner
We´ll be pleased to adapt any other itinerary through Austria in this style of travel according to your wishes
- Round-trip airfare USA-Vienna
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 7 nights’ accommodation at deluxe hotels
- Vienna 2 nights
- Dürnstein 1 night
- Salzburg 2 nights
- Wörthersee 1 night
- Stegersbach 1 night
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 2 dinners
- Visits of:
- Prater amusement park & Ferris-wheel
- Vienna by horse carriage
- Hofburg Palace
- Schonbrunn Palace
- Wachau Valley
- Benedict Abbey of Melk
- Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Mount Zwölferhorn
- Lake of Wörthersee
- Graz’ old city center
- Luxury car for the duration of the tour
- English-speaking driver-guide
- Taxes and service fees
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Stegersbach||Falkenstein Balance Resort Stegersbach||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $5,405 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: AU04VIE21MT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.