6 days – 5 nights
Doha, Katara, Lusail, Inland Sea, Desert Camp
Discovery. Relaxation, Culture
This program may be operated for individuals or for groups
Day 1: Doha
Meet at the airport arrival hall after immigration and custom control desk. Transfer from Airport to the hotel by chauffeur driven vehicle.
Day 2: Qatar (Souq & Cultural Village)
This morning, your guide will pick you up from the hotel to head to Souq Waqif for a walking tour of this charismatic place. See the Falcon Souq, the Gold Souq and the Spice Market. The, continue to the National Museum of Qatar, spanning a whopping 430,500 square feet, was designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Jean Nouvel, the National Museum of Qatar draws inspiration from and recreates the naturally occurring crystal formations known as the desert rose. Built around Sheikh Abdullah bin Jassim Al-Thani’s original palace, and the seat of government for 25 years, the museum gives voice to Qatar’s heritage whilst celebrating its future. Now, we drive to Katara Cultural Village, passing through the corniche and Dhow’s harbor. Bordered by a vast beach on one side, and the twin Katara Hills on the other, the village is Doha’s go-to destination for art, culture and cuisine. Visit the Katara Mosque with décor inspired by the Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul, the minaret, dome, and prayer niche (mihrab). Next to the mosque, one can see the unmistakable pigeon towers – oblong structures with holes and perches for pigeons. The Gold Mosque is the second mosque in Katara covered with gold tiling, which glints in the sun. Facing the mosque, is the, classical Greek style amphitheater accommodating up to 5000 spectators, with stellar views of the sea on one side and the cultural village on the other. The Force of Nature, an art installation depicting Mother Nature hurtling the world with a piece of cloth, stands between the amphitheater and the water, showing humanity’s powerlessness in the face of nature. Typical lunch at a local restaurant. Return to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. [B]
Day 3: Doha (Architectural Tour)
After breakfast meet your guide for this morning’s tour of the phenomenal collection of modern buildings that constitute the city’s true signature. Head to Lusail and make photo stops at different architectural designs like Lusail Plaza, Stadium, Promenade Corniche, and Marina among others. Then, continue to the Fire Station Museum and Education City encompassing the Qatar National Convention Centre, Sidra Medicine, Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies. Return to Doha and stop for a typical lunch at a local restaurant. [B/L]
Note: Going inside the buildings requires special permit, so only outside photos are possible
Day 4: Doha (Desert & Sea Safari)
The morning is free to rest and relax or some shopping in the city. In the afternoon, your guide will drive you towards the south till end of tarmac road where you’ll stop for deflating the vehicle’s tires before entering the desert for a dunes’ bashing adventure and a visit to the Inland Sea, near to Saudi Arabia’s border, with a couple of photo-stops before arriving at the desert camp. Free time at the beach camp for swimming and other activities, until it’s time to enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner. Later in the evening, drive back to the hotel for overnight. [B/D]
Day 5: Doha
Free day for last minute shopping at the souq, relaxing or continue exploring on your own. [B]
Day 6: Doha, USA
Very early pick-up at the hotel for a drive to Doha’s international airport to board your flight back home.
[B] = Breakfast | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch | [B/D] = Breakfast and dinner
· Round-trip airfare New York/Doha
· Arrival and departure transfers
· 5 nights’ accommodation in a standard room
o Breakfast daily
o 2 lunches
o 1 BBQ dinner
· Private half-day Doha city tour
· Private Architectural Tour
· Desert dunes bashing
· Private Inland Sea Safari with dinner
· English-speaking guides
· Entrance fees where required
· A/C vehicles for transfers and tours
· All local taxes
· Airfare related taxes and fees
· Travel insurance
· Meals not specified in the program
· Optional activities or tours
· Early check-in or late checkout
· Tips to guides and/or drivers
· Local and/or international phone calls
· Personal and/or medical expenses
|Doha City||Best Western Plus Doha||3.5|
|Doha City||JW Marriot Marquis||4.5|
|Doha Shore||The Ritz Carlton||4.5|
Hotel will be confirmed at time of booking
|Best Western Plus Doha||$1,759||$3,349|
|JW Marriot Marquis||$1,959||$3,179|
|The Ritz Carlton||$2,655||$4,629|
Prices are minimum per person and may change without notice.
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services; however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: BH06DOH22GA
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Private arrival and/or departure transfers
· The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
· We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.