Dubrovnik & Montenegro
Dubrovnik & Montenegro
|Purpose:||Discovery, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||6 days - 5 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Dubrovnik|
|Other cities:||Herceg Novi, Budva, Cetinje, NP Lovcen, Skadar Lake, Podgorica, Kotor, Perast, Our Lady of the Rocks, Risan|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,365 including airfare|
Day 1: Dubrovnik
Upon arrival at Dubrovnik Airport, transfer to the hotel and overnight.
Day 2: Dubrovnik, Herceg Novi, Budva
After breakfast, tour of Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik’s nickname is a "Pearl of the Adriatic" and is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site since 1979. Today Dubrovnik is the proudest feather in Croatia’s tourist cap, an elite destination and one of the most beautiful towns in the Mediterranean. the old city is encompassed by medieval walls, which have been preserved in their original form and opened for visitors as Dubrovnik’s major attraction. Whole city is alive monument and rich treasury of history. During the walking tour you will explore the Old town. Drive to Herceg Novi, birthplace of St. Leopold Bogdan Mandić, visit to his sanctuary and the church of St. Jerome. Drive to Budva. Overnight. [B]
Day 3: Budva (Cetinje, NP Lovcen)
After breakfast drive to Cetinje. Visit of the City museum, which collections of the best-preserved weapons in the Balkans, which represent the superior beauty of these unique handicraft skills. Tour of the castle of King Nikola, whose premises are renovated so that they appear as the same what they looked like for his life and the life of his family. The following is the ride to Njegoša, the hometown of Peter II Petrović Njegoš. Short break and continue to the National Park Lovćen. A walk to the top of the Lake “Jezerski vrh” where during his lifetime Njegoš built the chapel. The chapel was demolished during World War I, but it was well restored again in 1970 to a mausoleum. A tour of the mausoleum and free time to enjoy the magnificent view of the Bay of Kotor and beyond. Return to Budva, a walking tour of the old town. Apart from its natural beauty, its bay islands and beaches, Budva is rich in historic monuments, such as the church of St John the Baptist. The old town lies on a small peninsula and represents a treasure chest of culture heritage. Free time for leisure. Overnight in Budva. [B]
Day 4: Budva (Skadar Lake, Podgorica)
After breakfast drive to Skadar Lake, with a short stop near Sveti Stefan, a medieval fortified island village connected to the mainland by a narrow causeway, its photogenic jumble of 15th-century stone villas turned into a luxury resort. Sveti Stefan has unsurprisingly been named as Montenegro’s most photographed site. Continue to Skadar Lake, the largest lake at Balkan Peninsula one of the last fresh water spaces and largest national park in Montenegro and the most famous for its diversity of flora and fauna. Skadar Lake is Lake itself is unusual for mutual vicinity of different living areas and their chain of feeding. In region of Skadar Lake there are 20 monasteries, churches, villages, fortresses and sacred monuments. You will take a short boat ride along the Skadar Lake. Free time for lunch. The road will take you to Podgorica, Montenegrin capital, a city which found his habitat upon six rivers. During the World War II much of the historical Ottoman architecture was destroyed, and the city was reborn as the capital of Montenegro in Socialist Yugoslavia. The city was then rebuilt and expanded in a manner typical of Eastern bloc countries. Return to Budva. Overnight. [B/S]
Day 5: Budva (Kotor, Perast, Our Lady of the Rocks, Risan)
After breakfast drive to Kotor, a city under the protection of UNESCO, a magnet for artist, architects and lovers, and one of the best-preserved medieval city centers in this part of the Mediterranean. You will be thrilled by the historic town inside the walls of the old city where he is hiding a few smaller squares, narrow streets, the Catholic and Orthodox churches and the magnificent Cathedral of St. Tryphun from XII century. The town of Kotor has a long maritime tradition, and this is confirmed by the numerous palaces of the wealthy sailors that you'll see. Afterwards drive to Perast, a magnificent baroque town from XV century, where you will visit a miniature manmade islet with the church of Our Lady of the Rocks. The islet was made by seamen who, after finding an icon of the Virgin, protector of sailors and fishermen on one little rock only a meter above the surface, made a vow to build an islet by throwing the rocks into the bay. Continue to Risan, the oldest town on the bay, dating to at least the 3rd century BC when it was fortified Illyrian town. After the Romans took over, the town exploded to a population of about 100, and its seaside was lined with sumptuous mansions. Apart from the town’s famous mosaics, not much remains from Risan’s glory days, but those with a taste for history should take a stroll up Gabela, an atmospheric lane with interesting patterned cobbling dating from the Ottoman occupation. Free time in Risan. Return to hotel. Overnight. [B]
Day 6: Budva, Dubrovnik
Breakfast. Transfer to Dubrovnik airport. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/S] = Breakfast and Snack
- Round-trip airfare USA-Dubrovnik
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 5 nights’ accommodation:
- Dubrovnik 1 night
- Budva 4 nights
- Breakfast daily
- Entrances and city taxes:
- Franciscan Monastery in Dubrovnik
- King Nicholas Museum and Castle
- Njegoš Mausoleum
- National Park Lovćen
- National Park Skadar
- ,Skadar Lake boat ride with snack
- Boat ride to the islet of Our Lady of the Rocks in Perast
- Church Our Lady of the Rocks
- Private vehicle for the tour
- English-speaking driver/guide
- English-speaking local guides in:
- Herceg Novi
- Cetinje & NP Lovćen
- Budva, Podgorica
- Accommodation for the driver
- All local taxes
Not included in tour
- Any taxes and surcharges relating to airfares
- Travel insurance
- Entry Visa and visa fees
- Wi-Fi at hotels except as indicated
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks except as indicated
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out (Most hotels begin check-in around 2:00pm).
- Expenses of personal nature
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Optional tours and activities
- Any service not specifically listed under "included”
Hotels in your Tour
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,365 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: CR07DUB21TU
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.