|Purpose:||Discovery, Gastronomy, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||5 days - 4 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Palermo, Catania|
|Other cities:||Agrigento, Taormina, Mt. Etna, Syracuse|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,125 including airfare|
Day 1 – Mon: Palermo
Arrival in Palermo airport. Transfer to your hotel. Meeting with the participants. Dinner at a local restaurant and overnight at hotel. [D]
Day 2 – Tue: Palermo, Agrigento, Taormina
Buffet breakfast at your hotel and depart for Agrigento, a hillside town famous for its magnificent Valley of the Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a guided tour of the valley, dating back to the 5th century B.C. The poet Pindar described the site “as the most beautiful city built by mortal men”, The Doric style temples, all constructed within a century, face east, a standard criterion for both Greek and Roman temples so the statue of the god housed in each temple faced the rising sun. The best temple is that of Concordia (similar in design to the Parthenon in Athens) which is an almost perfectly preserved condition. Your local guide will highlight the history and architecture of Concordia and of the other temples that are part of this archaeological treasure-trove. After visiting the Valley of the Temples, resume travel to Taormina, where you arrive in the evening in time for an enjoyable and relaxing dinner at your hotel. [B/D]
Day 3 – Wed: Taormina (Mt. Etna)
Buffet breakfast at hotel and morning walking tour of Taormina’s charming city center includes the Greek/Roman amphitheater, with its spectacular view of Giardini Naxos and Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe. Enjoy the excursion to Mount Etna, till 4,900-foot and visit the Sylvester Craters where you can enjoy the best views, as you drive through the fertile slopes and villages that sit on ancient volcanic eruptions. On the way back you’ll have the opportunity to take an optional tour the place where the Godfather film was set.Tonight, you may experience dinner on your own in one of the many colorful restaurants of Taormina. [B]
Signature option: Godfather Tour to Savoca & Forza d’Agró
Day 4 – Thu: Taormina (Syracuse)
Buffet breakfast at your hotel and experience an included excursion to Syracuse. A guided tour of this venerable city highlights the Archaeological Park, Greek Theater, Latomia del Paradiso and Cave of Dyonisius’ Ear. This evening, enjoy a special Sicilian dinner with wine in a restaurant characteristic of this region. [B/D]
Day 5 – Fri: Taormina, USA
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to Catania airport for your return flight home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- Airfare USA-Palermo//Catania-USA
- Arrival and departure shared transfers
- 4 nights’ accommodation in first class hotels:
- Palermo 1 night
- Taormina 3 nights
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 3 dinners*
- ¼ wine + ½ mineral water + coffee or cappuccino served with lunch and dinner at hotels & restaurants
- Touring by A/C vehicle accordingly to the number of participants
- Professional English-speaking tour director or tour/driver
- Sightseeing as indicated, including local guides where necessary
- Entrance fees at:
- Taormina - Greek Theater
- Syracuse - Archaeological area & Cathedral
- Agrigento - Valley of the Temples
- Excursion to Mount Etna up to 4,900 feet
- Headsets during the whole tour
- Porterage in/out in hotels
- Hotel City taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Palermo||Hotel Ai Cavalieri||4|
|Hotel Principe de Villafranca||4|
|Taormina||Hotel Villa Diodoro||4|
|Hotel Excelsior Park||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,125 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT09PMO21VS
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Signature option: Godfather Tour to Savoca & Forza d’Agró
The tour starts with the visit of Savoca, which together with Forza D’Agrò, was the location for the scenes set in Corleone of Francis Ford Coppola’s The Godfather. You will notice the countryside with its old huts and houses made of rocks, old wood, bamboo, whatever the land had to offer. Bar Vitelli, which is still a functioning establishment, was featured in the motion picture as the place where Corleone asked Apollonia’s father to meet his daughter. We will continue the tour to the village of Forza D’Agrò located on the lower peak of a small mountain, while on the higher peak that overlooks the town are the remains of a Norman castle.