5 days – 4 nights
Montevideo, Punta del Este, Garzon Town, Colonia Del Sacramento, Buenos Aires
Fun, Discovery, Culture, History
This program is fully customizable and may be operated for individuals, pods and groups
Day 1: Montevideo (Candombe-Tango-Folklore Dinner Show)
After arrival, transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy a three hours tour which shows us the most important and characteristic places in the city, in order to get the feeling of understanding the Uruguayan lifestyle and culture. During the excursion, we visit Independencia Square (the main square), the Legislative Palace, the traditional Prado neighborhood, Carrasco residential zone, the Old City and its pedestrian streets, the Town Hall, the Cathedral and the typical Port Market. This evening will be dedicated to Uruguayan tradition, including a musical demonstration. The show starts with Candombe, the Afro-Montevideo culture’s most significant demonstration and the rhythm of the tambours that always tell a story while you enjoy dinner. Then, it will be Tango and Milonga’s time: a live orchestra will captivate the spectators with its fascinating sounds, while the dancers delight with their abilities. Finally, the Candombe returns and makes the place a private carnival. [D]
Day 2: Montevideo (Punta del Este)
We depart from Montevideo and on the way, we visit Piriápolis to go to San Antonio Hills top, from where we will have a wonderful view of the city. Then, we continue visiting Punta Ballena and the picturesque “Casapueblo” which was built by the famous Uruguayan artist Carlos Páez Vilaró. When we arrive at Punta del Este, we visit the residential neighborhoods, the strange bridge in “La Barra de Maldonado” and the beaches called Brava and Mansa, in order to visit after that the Peninsula with enough time for walking around the main avenue, Gorlero, and have lunch at a local restaurant. Return to Montevideo for overnight. [B/L]
Day 3: Montevideo (Garzon Town and Garzon Winery)
We visit a town surrounded by a rural atmosphere but with restaurants, art galleries, design shops and one of the Uruguay’s most important wineries. When visiting the winery, we will be able to discover its corners and its vineyards where the most iconic wines are produced. After the visit, enjoy your lunch and the fires cooking of the style of Francis Mallmann in a private terrace, and a chef who serves you with a gastronomic proposal, which is especially elaborated for this event. [B/L]
Note: Tour operates on Wednesdays and Sundays which may cause the day-by-day activities to be changed in order to accommodate this tour
Day 4 Montevideo, Colonia
Full day tour of Colonia Del Sacramento, an old city declared a Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO. Walk through the cobblestone streets, old edifications, forts, Spanish and Portuguese Museums, the port, downtown, Ferrando Beach, the Coastal Rambla (separating Colonia from the Old City) and Real de San Carlos area, where we visit the bullring and the old port. [B]
Day 5: Colonia, Buenos Aires
Time at leisure and transfer to the port to take the Fast Ferry to Buenos Aires. Afternoon free for last shopping before your transfer to the airport to board your flight back home [B]
Note: Ferry Colonia – Buenos Aires takes 1 hour with the express service.
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
· Airfare New York/Montevideo/Buenos Aires/New York
· Transfers as required
· 4 nights’ accommodation:
o 3 nights Montevideo
o 1 night Colonia del Sacramento
o Breakfast daily
o 2 lunches
o 1 dinner
· Tour of Montevideo
· Tango & Candombe night
· Tour Colonia del Sacramento
· Excursion to Punta del Este
· Visit to Garzon Wineries
· Entrance fees for sites visited
· English-speaking guides
· Hydro-foil ferry ticket Colonia Buenos Aires
· Transportation by deluxe vehicle
· All local taxes
· Taxes and surcharges related to airline tickets
· Travel Insurance
· Visa charges if applicable
· Early check-in or late check-out at hotels
· Services and food not listed in the itinerary
· Beverages during the meals
· Hotel extras, and personal expenses.
· Tips for guides, drivers and in restaurants
|Colonia del Sacramento||Charco||5|
|Colonia del Sacramento||Charco||5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
Prices on demand
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Prices are minimum for low season. Please call for other periods
Tour Code: UR01MVD21ETA
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Car can be upgraded upon request
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.