Fatima, Santiago de Compostela and Lourdes
||Faith, Art, History, Culture, Fun
|No. of days:
||11 days - 9 nights
|First & Last Cities:
||Fatima, Coimbra, Braga, Santiago de Compostela, Santander, Loyola, Lourdes
Day 1: USA, Lisbon
Depart New York on overnight flight to Lisbon. Dinner and breakfast are served on board.
Day 2: Lisbon, Fatima
Upon arrival meet with your escort and enjoy a panoramic tour of the charming Portuguese capital: the Belem Tower; the Jeronimos Monastery; the Monument to the Discoveries; the Basilica of St. Anthony. Continue to Fatima with a stop in Santarem to see the Eucharistic Miracle of the Bleeding Host. Overnight in Fatima. [D]
Day 3: Fatima
Start the day visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima with the Basilica that holds the tombs of Jacinta, Francisco and Sr. Lucia. Continue to the Capelinha, where Our Lady appeared to the three shepherd children in 1917 with her message of redemption. Enjoy the rest of the day for private devotion or shop for religious articles nearby. After dinner participate in the Torchlight Procession. Overnight in Fatima. [B/D]
Day 4: Fatima
Visit the hamlet of Aljustrel, where the children lived; Valinhos, the site of Our Lady’s 4th apparition, on 19 August 1917, marked by a monument; Loco do Anjo, where the children received the first and third visit of the "Angel of Peace" (Spring end autumn of 1916); the Homes of the Little Shepherds, at the bottom of the garden of Lucia's home is the well, where the "Angel of Peace", the "Angel of Portugal", appeared for the second time. Follow the Stations of the Cross along the Via Sacra, composed of 14 little chapels in memory of the Passion of Our Lord and a 15th corresponding to the Resurrection, culminating in the Chapel of Calvary, with a stunning view of Fatima. After dinner join pilgrims from around the world in an evening torchlight procession to pray the rosary. Overnight in Fatima. [B/D]
Day 5: Fatima, Coimbra, Braga, Santiago de Compostela
Depart Fatima to Santiago de Compostela, en route stop in Coimbra to visit the Carmelite Convent where St. Lucia mortal remains were entombed for one year before they were solemnly transferred in Fatima next to Jacinta and Francisco. Continue to Braga to visit the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Monte. Burgos (Spain). Overnight in Santiago de Compostela. [B/D]
Day 6: Santiago de Compostela
Explore Santiago de Compostela walking the narrow streets of the city. Visit the Cathedral of St. James, one of the finest examples of architecture in all of Europe, with the wonderful “Portico de la Gloria” and the Botafumeiro, a huge censer. Climb the stairs behind the high altar to visit the crypt where the relics of St. James are preserved and visit the cloister museum. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Santiago de Compostela. [B/D]
Day 7: Santiago de Compostela, Santander
Depart Santiago de Compostela to Santander through the wonderful scenery of mountains and sea of Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria regions. Overnight in Santander. [B/D]
Day 8 – Santander, Loyola, Lourdes
Depart to Lourdes, final stop of our spiritual journey, where in 1858 Our Lady appeared to the 14-year-old Bernadette Soubirous calling herself the "Immaculate Conception"; en route stop in Loyola, birthplace of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuit Order, to visit the 17th century Basilica. Overnight in Lourdes. [B/D]
Day 9: Lourdes
Walking tour of Lourdes including: the Bolly Mills, where Bernadette was born and the Cachot, used as a jail where Bernadette lived at the time of the Apparitions. Visit: the Grotto, where Our Lady appeared 18 times; the underground Basilica of St. Pius X; the magnificent life-sized Stations of the Cross behind the Grotto. After dinner participate in the torchlight procession. Overnight in Lourdes. [B/D]
Day 10: Lourdes
Enjoy the day at leisure. You can attend the Blessing of the Sick, drink water from the miraculous spring the Virgin directed Bernadette to locate at the base of the grotto, submerge yourself in the healing baths. After dinner participate in the nightly torchlight processions requested by Our Lady. Overnight in Lourdes. [B/D]
Day 11 – Lourdes, Toulouse, USA
Transfer to the Toulouse airport for your return flight to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Diner | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- Round trip flight USA/Lisbon and Toulouse/USA
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Accommodation in select hotels:
- Fatima: 3 nights
- Santiago de Compostela: 2 nights
- Santander – 1 nights
- Lourdes – 3 nights
- Breakfast daily
- Dinner daily
- Visits as described in the Itinerary
- Local English-speaking guide for:
- Lisbon sightseeing
- Coimbra sightseeing
- Santiago sightseeing
- Private bus from Day 2 through day 7
- Tour escort traveling with group for the entire tour
- English speaking guide
- All local taxes and service fees
Not included in tour
- Airfare fees and taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips to guides or drivers
Hotels in your Tour
||NH Ciudad de Santander
||Hotel Estrela de Fatima
||Hotel Spa A Quinta de Agua
||Hotel Bahia Santander
||Gran Hotel Gallia Londres
||Parador Hostal dos Reis Catolicos
||Gran Hotel Sardinero
||Belfry Spa by l'Occitane
LOCATION: The location may be in the center of Rome or near the Vatican
MEAL PLAN: Normally we include daily breakfast and dinner for all groups. However, the meal plan may vary depending on the organizer's request
The price for the group will be quoted based on the number of passengers, season, hotel type and meal plan.
Group organizers always travel for free if the group has 15 or more paying passengers.
Inclusion of tour conductors must be considered at time of request.
- If you wish to use this program for your group please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with you to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the land journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our special Leisure Fares, buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Tour Code: PT04LIS20XX
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.