Glaciers at the Edge of the World
Glaciers at the Edge of the World
This program is combinable with the Remota Lodge Hotel Packages
Day 1: Punta Arenas
On arrival you’ll be met by our representative and transferred to the pier to check-In at the historic city of Punta Arenas and then embark. Once onboard, we’ll have a welcome toast and introduce the Captain and his crew. The ship will sail to the far south immediately after, through the mythical Strait of Magellan and the Beagle Channel, where we will travel through Patagonia and the fjords of Tierra del Fuego. [D]
Day 2: Pia Glacier, Glaciers Alley
We will sail along the Northwest arm of the Beagle Channel to make an excursion to the viewpoint from where we can see the imposing Pía Glacier. After this unforgettable experience, we will continue our navigation with the majestic view of the "Glacier Alley”. [B/L/D]
Day 3: Cape Horn, Wulaia Bay
We will arrive at Cape Horn National Park, where we will disembark, if the weather conditions are suitable, to experience the magic of walking through one of the southernmost points of the world, surrounded by charm and legends. In the afternoon, we will disembark at Wulaia Bay, a historic site which was one of the largest settlements of the native Yámana canoeists. We will reach a viewpoint, walking through the Magellanic forest in which lengas, coigües, canelos and ferns grow, among other species. [B/L/D]
Day 4: Águila Glacier
We will navigate the Brecknock, Ocasión, Cockburn and Magdalena Channels to finally enter the De Agostini bosom, from where we will appreciate the glaciers that descend from the heart of the Darwin Mountain Range, some of them reaching the sea.In the afternoon, we will disembark in Zodiac boats for an easy hike by the coast surrounding the cold Patagonian rainforest until we reach the front of the Águila Glacier. [B/L/D]
Day 5: Parry Fjord, Ainsworth Bay
In the morning, we will sail through the Parry Fjord and the surrounding glaciers. We will disembark in Zodiacs and head to the end of the fjord to appreciate the theater of glaciers, an area where one may see leopard seals. Navigation will continue through the Admiralty Sine, until reaching the vicinity of the Marinelli Glacier in Ainsworth Bay, in the middle of the Darwin Range and within the Alberto De Agostini National Park. We will learn how life resurfaces after ice has been removed. We will hike to discover a beaver dam and the wonderful sub-Antarctic Magellanic forest that surrounds it. [B/L/D]
Day 6: Magdalena Island, Punta Arenas
We will disembark at Magdalena Island first thing in the morning, weather conditions permitted. On the island we will be able to see a vast colony of Magellanic penguins. After this excursion, we will return to Punta Arenas. After disembarkation, meet our guide who will transfer you to the airport fo board your connecting flight back home. [B]
[D] = Dinner | [B] = Breakfast | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
· Arrival and departure transfers
· 5 nights’ accommodation aboard the M/V Ventus Australis
· Sea transportation
· All meals
· Open bar when on duty including:
· Onboard Services:
o Daily excursions on zodiac boats with expert guides
o Shore excursions listed in this program
o Lectures and audiovisual talks about the flora and fauna, geography, glaciology, ethnography, and history of the Patagonia region
o On board entertainment
· Onboard assistance in English and Spanish
· Check-in time: 1:00pm
· Boarding time: 5:30pm
· Disembarkation time: 11:30am
Cruise does not include:
· International or domestic air tickets
· Transfers to or from the piers
· Travel Insurance
· Services not listed in the itinerary
· Optional tours and transportation
· Any extras, and personal expenses.
· Tips for guides and ship crew
· Port tax
· Migration fee: US$60. Subject to change by the port authorities of each country
· Satellite phone calls (must be prepaid)
· Items purchased at onboard store such as sporting clothes, souvenirs, gifts, personal use items, etc.
The name – Latin for "Southern Wind" – reflects Tierra del Fuego's distinctive weather, a factor that has long determined the region's socio-cultural development and that so impressed the early mariners who endeavored to explore Patagonia's southernmost waterways.
Tailor-made for exploring the remote southern tip of South America, all aspects of the 210-passenger ship -- including size, length, draft and engine power -- are designed to give Ventus Australis the extreme maneuverability necessary to navigate narrow fjords and channels where no other cruise ships can venture.
Asenav, the internationally acclaimed Chilean shipyard, is creating our latest masterpiece, just as they did with the three other expedition ships for Australis.
Ventus Australis will feature the latest regulations regarding safety at sea and protecting the marine environment, as all of our fleet does.
Departure Dates and Prices:
|Departure Dates||Cabin Type|
|B||A||AA||AAA||AA Superior||AAA Superior|
Rates are per person, based on 2 passengers sharing a cabin and may change without notice
Rates are “starting from”, and only for a limited cabin stock per departure, Single rates will be applied in all types of cabins and the rate will be the 150% of the category rate,
Rates are valid from December 2021 through March 2022.
All departures are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
Deposit, Payment & Cancellation
· Deposit of $US300 per passenger is required to guarantee a provisional reservation.
· Final payment must be received no later than 60 days before the cruise departure
· Any and all cancellations require written notice to HWDT
The following deadlines and penalties apply:
Days before departure
Up to 60
From 59 and 50
From 49 and 40
From 39 and 30
From 29 and 0
The reservation may be cancelled free of charge up to 15 days before sailing provided any of the following conditions are met:
· The holder of the reservation proves to have been positive in a Covid-19 PCR test within 10 days prior to the date of cancellation; or
· That reservation holder is affected by sanitary measures imposed by the national authorities of his country of origin, or of the country in which the port of departure is located, or international, which restrict or prevent the party from accessing said port on the date scheduled for departure.
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services. However, at your request, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Prices are minimum for low season. Please call for other periods
Tour Code: CL05PUQ21SA
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Car can be upgraded upon request
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.