Maldives - Gan Island
8 days – 7 nights
Relaxation, Sports, Fun
This program may be operated for individuals or for small groups
This is a suggested itinerary
Day 1: Male, Gan
Upon arrival at Male International Airport you will be greeted by our representative and assisted on boarding your 35-minute flight to the island of Gan, in the southern atoll of Laamu. Gan is the biggest island of the Maldivian Archipelago and is home to the longest beach existing in the Maldives (5 miles of white sand). Lammu atoll was also used as the location for the planet Scarif in the recent Star Wars Rogue One film. On arrival you’ll be transferred to Reveries Guesthouse that will be your base for the week. [D]
Day 2: Gan (Kayak Safari, Snorkeling and Picnic Lunch)
Following breakfast served at the guesthouse the day will be spent at sea kayaking and exploring the east side of the atoll. You will be coached on how to paddle and maneuver the kayak before heading off into the inner atoll. There will be plenty of time to stop at sandbanks and uninhabited islands to snorkel and gain your first experience of the amazing underwater world of the Maldives. A picnic lunch is available and there will be time to relax before heading back to Gan.
The remainder of the afternoon is free for you relax on the beach, snorkel the house reef or just chill in the plunge pool. [B/L/D]
Day 3: Gan (Jeep Discovery Safari & Hedhikaa Experience)
Morning free for you to relax on the beach, snorkel the house reef or just rest by the pool. You can arrange extra activities including snorkeling and scuba-diving trips locally. This afternoon you will have the opportunity to explore the island of Gan by jeep. Gan has some unique features such as a fresh water lake in its center (the Red Lake, so-named because of its red color water from the tree-leaves falling into it) that was believed to be bottomless, as well as some ancient Buddhist ruins. You will visit a number of historical places and learn more about the history of the Maldives and local life, even visiting a fish factory and a local vegetable farm. The trip will end with a visit to a local cafe; to sample traditional 'hedhikaa' - Maldivian savory and sweet short eats and finger food served with black tea. [B/D]
Day 4: Gan (Scuba Diving)
Today is your chance to give scuba diving a go! Reveries dive club is a PADI registered dive school operated by Europeans and locals and the first PADI scuba diving and water sports center on a local island in Laamu Atoll. For those who have not dived before we offer a Discover Scuba Diving Course where you learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI professional. You will complete two dives from the shore. Qualified divers can take 2 dives by boat to explore this virtually untouched paradise (make sure you bring your log-book with you to prove your qualification). If you don't want to do any scuba-diving, then please advise us before you depart and an extra snorkeling boat trip can be provided instead at no extra cost. [B/D]
Day 5: Gan (Stand-up Paddle Board, Bicycle Ride)
This morning you head out to the water for the opportunity to learn stand-up-paddle. With an instructor, learn and practice on land the skills required before testing them on the water. After lunch, explore the northern parts of Gan by bicycle together with your guide. You can also arrange further watersports activities to carry on what you started this morning if you wish (extra cost payable locally). [B/D]
Day 6: Gan
Following breakfast served at the guesthouse the day is yours to enjoy as you please, visit some of the Star Wars Rogue One filming locations, relax on the beach or, if you're feeling energetic, practice some of your new-found skills. Optional diving trips can be organized for certified divers, additional snorkeling tours are also available. [B/D]
Day 7: Gan
After breakfast, we head by boat to a private uninhabited island with a local guide. Here you can choose to relax, sunbathe, swim or snorkel the beautiful waters whilst a BBQ lunch is prepared. After lunch more of the same before returning to Gan. Fruit cocktails will be served at sunset before a farewell dinner. [B/L/D]
Day 8: Gan, Male, USA
After breakfast free time depending you’re the schedule of your international flight. At the appointed time transfer to the local airport for a short flight to Male where you’ll connect with your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner | [B/L/D] = Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Round-trip domestic flights in economy class
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- 1 picnic lunch
- 1 BBQ lunch
- 7 dinners
- Kayak Safari
- Jeep Discovery Safari
- Hedhikaa Experience
- Scuba Diving
- Stand-up Paddle Board
- Services of local representatives
- Boat crews
- Instructors for provided activities
- Free 30-day tourist visa on arrival
- All activities as detailed in the itinerary with required equipment
- Snorkeling gear during stay at Gan guesthouse
- All Taxes
Not included in tour
- International flights (available on request)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Extra optional activities
- Any other items not mentioned above
Hotel will be confirmed at time of booking
These programs can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: MV01MLE20TE
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.