Gems of Italy
Gems of Italy
|Purpose:||Culture, History, Art, Fun|
|No. of days:||9 days - 8 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Rome, Venice|
|Other cities:||Florence, Chianti|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,929 including airfare|
Day 1: Rome
Upon arrival at Rome’s Fiumicino airport you will be met and assisted on your transfer to your hotel in Rome. Rest of the day is free. Overnight in Rome.
Day 2: Rome
After breakfast at your hotel you’ll be picked up for a half-day walking group excursion to the Coliseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. The Coliseum, the most emblematic monument in Rome, originally known as the Flavian Amphitheater, is the well-known place of the gladiators’ games and the theme of many a movie. Close by is an important and unique collection of ruins of what was the heart of Imperial Rome: The Roman Forum and surrounding official buildings! In the same area is the most important elevation of Roman’s history: The Palatine Hill where, according to Roman mythology, the brothers Remus and Romulus, possibly sons of Hercules, were kept alive by a she-wolf and ended-up being the founders of Rome. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to continue exploring. Overnight in Rome. [B]
Day 3: Rome
Today is dedicated to Vatican City. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before touring the extraordinary Vatican Museums with floors of exhibitions, the impressive Sistine Chapel where Michelangelo painted sacral masterpieces, The Last Judgment probably being the best known, St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square with its colonnade designed and sculpted by Bernini in the 16th Century. The rest of the day is at leisure, to continue to discover Rome. Overnight in Rome. [B]
Day 4: Rome, Florence
Breakfast at the hotel and morning departure from Roma Termini train station and journey to Florence Santa Maria Novella train station by high-speed train (second class tickets included) that is expected to arrive around 1:5 pm. After arrival in Florence take a cab to check-in at your hotel. Spend the night in Florence. [B]
Day 5: Florence, Chianti
After breakfast at the hotel join a group tour of Florence, definitely a open air museum full of masterpieces and the cradle of Renaissance. Walk around the charming old city and visit to Duomo, with its Giotto Bell Tower and renowned Accademia Gallery full of unique masterpieces. Some free time to walk along the Arno River and a chance to see Ponte Vecchio and admire artisans’ workshops before your transfer from your hotel in Florence to your hotel in the Chianti region. The evening is at leisure. Overnight in the Chianti region. [B]
Day 6: Chianti
Breakfast. Small group excursion to the Chianti* area including an explanation on aromatic herbs harvested and dried following the ancient techniques of this wine region, wine tastings and light lunch or dinner with English speaking escort. Then, transfer to your hotel. Evening at leisure and overnight in Chianti region. [B]
* Depending on the availability, clients can choose between the following excursions: (1) San Gimignano, Chianti & Montalcino Tour, (2) Chianti & San Gimignano Grand Tour, (3) Chianti & Castles Tour or (4) Dinner in the Chianti vineyard
Day 7: Chianti, Venice
After breakfast at the hotel departure from Florence’s Santa Maria Novella train station for your journey to Venice by high-speed train (second class tickets included) expected to arrive in Venice’s Santa Lucia train station in about 2 hours. After your arrival in Venice take a cab to your hotel for check-in and overnight. [B]
Day 8: Venice
This UNESCO World Heritage Site is different from any other because of its topography characterized by more than one hundred islands and a Grand Canal in a lagoon on the Adriatic coast of Italy. Venice has been the crossroads of cultures and civilizations that are the inspiration of magnificent palaces, ancient bridges, Gothic, Renaissance and Byzantine artworks. The gondolas, known in the entire world add a romantic dimension to this city so special in so many ways. Your 2-hour walking tour will bring you to many of these artistic treasures and, especially, to Piazza San Marco with the Doge’s Palace and basilica and domes. Then, Climb aboard a traditional gondola for a romantic excursion through the city’s canals. Sit back and enjoy exploring the city as and look at its architectural treasures from the water! The rest of the day is free so you can enjoy the city on your own, so some shopping or relax at one of the cafes. Overnight in Venice. [B]
Day 9: Venice, USA
Enjoy breakfast and be ready to picked up at your hotel for your departure transfer by taxi boat to Venice Marco Polo Airport where you’ll board your connecting flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/T] = Breakfast and Wine Tasting
- Airfare USA-Rome//Venice-USA
- Transfers in:
- Rome (Fiumicino airport to the hotel)
- Florence to hotel in Chianti region
- 8 nights’ accommodation in hotels of your choice:
- Rome – 3 nights
- Florence – 1 night
- Chianti – 2 nights
- Venice – 2 nights
- Breakfast daily
- 1st or 2nd class high-speed train tickets
- Rome to Florence
- Florence to Venice
- 2.5-hour walking sightseeing group tour in Rome
- 3-hour group visit of the Vatican
- 3-hour walking group tour in Florence
- 2-hour walking group tour and gondola ride in Venice
- Half-day excursion to Chianti region including tastings and light lunch or dinner
- English-speaking guides for tours
- Entrance tickets for sites visited
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Florence||Kursaal & Ausonia||4|
|Cosimo de' Medici||4.5|
|Chianti||Palazzo San Lorenzo||4.5|
|Tenuta di Riavo||4.5|
|Chianti region||Palazzo San Lorenzo||4.5|
|Tenuta di Ricavo||4.5|
|Palazzo San Niccolò||4.5|
|Ca' dei Conti||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking, depending on availability
From: $1,929 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT02ROM21IC
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Hotel City Taxes
|City||First Class||Superior Tourist|
|Rome||€ 4,00||€ 6,00|
|Florence||€ 3,50||€ 4,50|
|Venice||€ 3,50||€ 4,50|
Taxes are per person per night for adults 14 years old or more