Glimpse of Anatolia & Istanbul
Glimpse of Anatolia & Istanbul
|Purpose:||Discovery, Relaxation, Culture|
|No. of days:||6 days - 5 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Konya, IStanbul|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,531 including airfare|
Day 1: Istanbul, Konya
Arrival at Istanbul airport to take a connecting flight to Konya. You’ll be met and driven to your hotel. Overnight in Konya.
Day 2: Konya (City of Whirling Dervishes)
The Anatolian city of Konya is overrun with intellectual students, cultural events, and historical sites. This destination is home to over a million residents, whirling dervish orders, literary masters, and a Neolithic World Heritage Site, Çatalhöyük. You will be picked up to visit the Tomb of Rumi in the Museum of Mevlana, an important place of pilgrimage for Muslims. Then, you’ll visit the Ottoman-era Sultan Selim mosque, Alaaddin Hill (a prehistoric tomb) and the 1000-year-old Alaaddin Mosque. In its courtyard are the tombs of many of the Seljuk Turkish sultans. Walking down the north side of the Alaaddin Hill we pass the remains of the Seljuk sultan's palace, then cross the street for a view of the elaborate portal of the Ince Minareli Medrese theological college. During your visit you will have a local lunch. Return to the hotel for overnight. [B/L]
Day 3: Konya, Istanbul
Some free time to continue discovering Konya before your transfer to the airport to catch you flight to Istanbul where you’ll be et and driven to your hotel. Rest of the day ay leisure. Overnight in Istanbul. [B]
Day 4: Istanbul (Classic Tour & Bosporus Cruise)
This morning you’ll first visit the Hippodrome, the social center of this Byzantine city, which was used as a horse racing track. Next visit the Blue Mosque, the Grand Mosque of the Ottomans for 3 centuries, followed by Hagia Sophia, an extraordinary building that served as an Eastern Orthodox cathedral and seat of the Patriarchate of Constantinople for more than 7 centuries. After visiting the Underground Cistern of Yerebatan continue to the Topkapi Palace, imperial palace of the Ottomans which reflects the splendor of the Ottoman Empire. A stop for lunch at a nearby restaurant for followed by a Turkish coffee. After lunch, a drive to the Golden Horn to catch a regular Bosporus cruise in between the Asian and European continents. For an hour and more, you will be floating through the real history of this channel. Big mansions located by the water will take you to the 19th Century of Istanbul and your return will give amazing opportunities to take pictures of the Old City of Istanbul, once capital to Byzantium and Ottoman empires. You will embark by the Spice market and stroll in and around the bazaar where the Spices from India were sold to the Ottoman merchants before they sailed to Europe. Spice market is now hosting several Turkish delight shops giving you the opportunity to taste various kinds of them. Return to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul. [B/L]
Day 5: Istanbul
Day at leisure to continue discovering the city on your own or take an optional tour. [B]
Day 6: Istanbul, USA
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appointed time you ‘ll be met and driven to the airport to board your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch
- Round-trip airfare USA-Istanbul-Konya
- Private arrival and departure transfers in Konya and Istanbul
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- Konya 2 nights
- Istanbul 3 nights
- 2 lunches
- Full-day tour of Konya
- Full-day tour of Istanbul
- Bosporus cruise
- English-speaking guides during tours
- A/C deluxe vehicles for transfers & Tours
- Entrance fees for sites and museums visited
- All local taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
Hotel will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,531 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: TK03SIST21RT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.