Glimpse of Latvia
Glimpse of Latvia
Glimpse of Latvia
5 days – 4 days
Riga, Sigulda, Birini, Igate, Ungurmuiza, Cesis, Dikli
Discovery, Fun, Culture, History
This program may be operated for individual or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary – Please call us to customize
Day 1: Riga
Upon arrival at Riga’s international airport you’ll be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel in Brussels. The rest of the day is free. An optional dinner can be arranged for this evening.
Recommended restaurant: Vincent’s Restaurant (4.7)
Day 2: Riga
Explore Dom Square and St. Dom Cathedral. Continue to St. Jacob’s Church and enjoy the skyline of Riga from St. Peter's Church tower. The tour will take you to Riga Castle, Great and Small Guild Halls, the fortification wall of Riga, the Swedish Gate, the building of Parliament, the Monument of Liberty. The Powder Tower and city walls will make you feel the spirit of the medieval. Overnight. [B]
Recommended restaurant: 3 pavāru restorāns "Tam labam būs augt" (4.6)
Day 3: Riga, Sigulda, Birini, Igate
Drive to Sigulda. The town is situated on a stretch of the Gauja River valley. Situated here are a few of the most important historical monuments like Turaida Medieval Castle built in 1214, Sigulda New Castle, and sculpture garden - Dainu Hill and Gutmanis Cave the biggest internal erosion cave in the Baltic States. The route continues to Birini Manor - located near a lake. The building had a rich décor of sculptures and bas reliefs which were lost during the First World War. Birini Manor is surrounded by a wonderful park that is excellent for leisurely walks. Continue the route through the Gauja National park which is situated on the both sides of the ancient river valley of the river Gauja to the Igate Palace. Continue to the hotel for overnight. [B]
Recommended restaurant: Pansija (4.7)
Day 4: Igate, Ungurmuiza, Cesis, Dikli
On the way to the Old Hanseatic town of Cesis the route will pass the oldest preserved baroque manor in Latvia - Ungurmuiza Manor, situated in the Gauja National Park. Drive to Cesis. The history of Cesis is linked to Cesis Medieval Castle around which the town was built. The Cesis church and the old castle ruins with the beautiful castle park are places where you can relax and enjoy yourself. Drive to Dikli Manor. There are collections of valuable antique furniture, fireplaces and interior articles inside the Manor. Historically a home to barons and baronesses, the palace is now a hotel. Continue to the hotel for overnight. [B]
Recommended restaurant: Dikli Palace Hotel (4.5)
Day 5, Dikli, Riga, USA
Breakfast at the hotel and some free time depending on your flight schedule. At the appointed time you’ll be picked-up and transferred to the airport to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
- Round-trip airfare USA-Riga
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Assistance at airports
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- Full sightseeing program:
- Old Riga
- Dome Cathedral
- St. Jacob’s Church
- Riga Castle
- Great and Small Guild Halls
- Freedom Monument
- Swedish Gate
- Powder Tower
- Gauja River valley
- Turaida Medieval Castle
- Dainu Hill and Gutmanis Cave
- Birini Manor
- Ungurmuiza Manor
- Old Hanseatic town of Cesis
- Dikli Manor.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees for sites visited
- Transportation be A/C vehicle
- All local taxes
Not included in tour
- Airfare taxes and surcharges
- Lunches and dinners
- Travel insurance
- Wi-Fi at hotels Optional tours and activities
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out (Most hotels begin check-in around 2:00pm).
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any service not specifically listed under "included
|Souperior Tourist Class|
|Igate region||Spa Hotel Ezeri||4.5|
|Dikli region||Karlamuiza Country||4.5|
|Dikli region||Villa Santa||4,5|
|Riga||Grand Palace Hotel||4.5|
|Igate region||Guest House Ungurmala||NR|
|Dikli region||Dikli Palace Hotel||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $905 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: LV02RIX21VT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.