Great Composers - Strauss, Mozart, Haydn
Great Composers - Strauss, Mozart, Haydn
|Purpose:||Music, Culture, History, Discovery|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights, Private Tour|
|First & Last Cities:||Salzburg, Prague|
|Other cities:||Linz, Melk, Vienna, Hainburg, Rohrau, Eisenstadt, Vienna, Brno|
|Starting cost:||From: $2,605 including airfare|
Day 1: Munich
Arrival at Munich airport and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free to spend at your leisure. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 2: Munich, Salzburg
Salzburg is the birthplace of composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Visit the city in Mozart’s footsteps including the monuments and the birth house of the music genius. Continue with the funicular to the fortress of Salzburg to enjoy the special atmosphere during a dinner and Mozart’s concert, above the roofs of Salzburg. [B/D]
Day 3: Salzburg, Linz, Melk, Vienna
After breakfast, trip to the St. Florian monastery with the famous organ “Brucknerorgel“ near Linz. We continue to Melk to visit the Benedictine Abbey of Melk, the most representative baroque monument of Austria. Continue to Vienna, the capital of Austria known for the composers Mozart, Strauss and Haydn. At night, you can attend a concert in the famous Schönbrunn Palace (not included). [B]
Day 4: Vienna
In the morning panoramic view of the city of Vienna. You can admire the Opera, the Hofburg Palace, the Heroes‘ Gate, the Parliament and the Town Hall. On this city tour, Mozart’s, Strauss’ and Haydn’s life in Vienna is the central theme. During his 10 years in Vienna, Mozart reached his most outstanding creative aspects. Haydn lived 12 years in Vienna and composed much of his “old works“ and Strauss was born and died in this enchanting city. Visit Mozart’s, Strauss’ and Haydn’s house. [B]
Day 5: Vienna (Hainburg, Rohrau, Eisenstadt)
Travel to Hainburg, the place where Joseph Haydn went to elementary school and got his first music lessons. Visit the exhibition about the childhood and youth of Joseph Haydn. (Visit possible from June to December). Continue to Rohrau and visit Haydn‘s birthplace. In the afternoon, continue to Eisenstadt, where Joseph Haydn lived for many years as an orchestra conductor of the Esterházy family, creating most of his works. The walk in Eisenstadt takes you to Haydn’s house, the mountain church, the Franciscan church in the old town, with the baroque houses of the city, the town hall and the plague column. Return to Vienna for overnight. [B]
Day 6: Vienna, Brno, Prague
After breakfast, leave to Brno, Prague’s little sister city. This Moravia metropolis is the second largest city of the Czech Republic. We continue to Prague, the so-called city of a hundred towers. Mozart spent here the most successful years of his life. Possibility of attending a concert at Villa Bertramka (not included – see Important Information). [B]
Day 7: Prague
In the morning, enjoy a city tour. Visit of the Powder Tower and the Old Square, which dominates the Town Hall with its Astronomical Clock, the impressive Church of Tyn and the Church of St. Nicholas. During the tour you can understand why Mozart dedicated a whole symphony to this city. [B]
Day 8: Prague, USA
Have breakfast at your hotel and be ready for the transfer to Munich Airport for your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
Our offer doesn’t include tickets for concerts or operas yet because it depends on your travel dates. We would be pleased to give you further information about the schedules for Operas and Concert Halls and to help you organizing your tickets.
- Airfare USA-Munich-Prague-USA
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 7 nights’ accommodation in the hotel category of choice:
- Salzburg – 2 nights
- Vienna – 3 nights
- Prague – 4 nights
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 1 dinner
- Transportation by car or minivan during the entire tour
- English speaking driver-guide during the entire tour
- Tickets to:
- Mozart‘s birthplace in Salzburg
- Haydn‘s birthplace in Rohrau
- Mozart‘s and Haydn‘s Houses in Vienna
- Exhibition on Joseph Haydn‘s childhood and youth
- Funicular in Salzburg to
- Fortress with dinner
- Mozart’s concert
- English speaking local tour guide in Salzburg, Vienna and Dresden (3 h)
- Visits and excursions as mentioned
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Superior Tourist Class|
|Munich||Holiday Inn City Centre||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $2,605 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: AU01VIE21MT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.