Introduction to Mozambique
Introduction to Mozambique
Introduction to Mozambique
7 days – 6 nights
Maputo, Limpopo National Park
Safari, Nature, Adventure, Discovery
This program may be operated for individuals or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary
Day 1: Maputo
Arrival in Maputo. Welcome and transfer to your hotel. Relaxing afternoon by the sea. Free meals and accommodation at the hotel. [L/D]
Day 2: Maputo
In this busy city (nicknamed “New York of Africa”) the testimonies of the colonial past remain numerous. You just have to walk around the city center to realize it! The buildings seem to come directly from the 19th century, in particular those of Central Station and the Post Office. Do not miss Our-Lady of Fatima Cathedral, a Catholic church built in 1944 whose whiteness stands out from the mass of other buildings. But Maputo is also essentially African. We especially feel it in the markets that dot its streets. Continue to the “Baixa” (downtown) are near the busy harbor to walk the Central Market, a very picturesque place, where you will find of course all seafood, but also fruits, vegetables, sculptures and products from local crafts such as baskets. The building itself, built at the very beginning of the 20th century, is impressive. Stop for lunch at one of the local restaurants before visiting Tunduru Botanical Garden, very shaded and particularly appreciated for its freshness, especially in summer! Enjoy a few moments of calm before a visit to the most typical fish marker where you’ll find all kinds of species straight out of the sea. You will also find them at the tables in the Costa del Sol quarter, with view over the Indian Ocean and palm trees, with several restaurants offering fish and shell-fish caught, prepared and cooked by the people who serve you! Have dinner at one of them before returning to your hotel for overnight. [B/L/D]
A Limpopo safari will be for nature lovers, those who wish to immerse themselves and soak up the bush, without focusing on a list of essential animals to meet, probably less suitable for a first safari. Limpopo National Park, nestled between the Limpopo and Olifants rivers, is full of mountainous landscapes and wooded plains, lakes and rivers where many animal species have found refuge. Manhandled until the 1990s by the civil war in Mozambique, then forgotten, it has since 2002 been one of the largest wildlife reserves with Kruger Park and Gonarezhou Park in Zimbabwe.
Day 3: Maputo, Limpopo National Park
Early breakfast and departure in 4x4 for the Limpopo park (5:30 minute-drive) for check-in and installation in a tent at the safari camp. After lunch, a professional ranger guide will take you on a walking safari. The thick bushes contain kudus, gazelles, elephants, buffaloes unintimidated by the rare visitors. Birds sing in abundance. Meal and overnight at Camp. [B/LD]
Days 4-6: Limpopo National Park
These 3 days will be devoted to walking safaris in the national park. You’ll go on safaris to meet African wildlife on foot, guided by an experienced camp ranger guide, to experience total immersion closer to nature. As you are bound to encounter multiple mammal and bird species don’t forget to pack your camera and enough memory to record your unique and unforgettable experience in southeast Africa. Meals and accommodation at your camp. [B/L/D]
Day 7: Limpopo, Maputo, USA
Morning transfer to Maputo airport to board your connecting flight back home traveling with your memories of this wonderful Mozambique safari. [B]
[B] Breakfast | [L/D] = Lunch and Dinner | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- The welcome and assistance at the airport
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Road transfers between Maputo and Limpopo NP
- 6 nights’ accommodation:
- Maputo 2 nights
- Limpopo 4 nights
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch daily
- Dinner daily
- Sightseeing of Maputo
- Walking safaris:
- Big 5
- Photo opportunities
- Local English-speaking guide in Maputo
- Experienced English-speaking ranger guide in Limpopo
- Entrance fees to Limpopo Park
- Hotel taxes and service
Not included in tour
- International airfares
- Any taxes related to airfares or airports
- Meals not mentioned under inclusions
- Travel Insurance
- Tips to guides or drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned as “Included”
- Optional excursions
|Maputo||Southern Sun Maputo Hotel||4,5|
|Limpopo (Pafuri)||Dumela Wilderness Camp||5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
These programs can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: MZ01MPM20MS
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.