|Purpose:||Scenery, Nature, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||9 days - 8 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Rome, Genoa|
|Other cities:||Florence, Chianti, La Spezia, Cinque Terre|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,965 including airfare|
Day 1: Rome
Upon arrival at Rome’s Fiumicino airport you will be met and assisted on your transfer to your hotel in Rome. Rest of the day is free. Overnight in Rome.
Day 2: Rome
After breakfast at your hotel you’ll be picked up for a half-day walking group excursion to the Coliseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. The Coliseum, the most emblematic monument in Rome, originally known as the Flavian Amphitheater, is the well-known place of the gladiators’ games and the theme of many a movie. Close by is an important and unique collection of ruins of what was the heart of Imperial Rome: The Roman Forum and surrounding official buildings! In the same area is the most important elevation of Roman’s history: The Palatine Hill where, according to Roman mythology, the brothers Remus and Romulus, possibly sons of Hercules, were kept alive by a she-wolf and ended-up being the founders of Rome. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to continue exploring. Overnight in Rome. [B]
Day 3: Rome
Today is dedicated to Vatican City. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before touring the extraordinary Vatican Museums with floors of exhibitions, the impressive Sistine Chapel where Michelangelo painted sacral masterpieces, The Last Judgment probably being the best known, St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square with its colonnade designed and sculpted by Bernini in the 16th Century. The rest of the day is at leisure, to continue to discover Rome. Overnight in Rome. [B]
Day 4: Rome, Florence
Breakfast at the hotel and morning departure from Roma Termini train station and journey to Florence Santa Maria Novella train station by high-speed train (second class tickets included) that is expected to arrive around 1:5 pm. After arrival in Florence take a cab to check-in at your hotel. Spend the night in Florence. [B]
Day 5: Florence, Chianti
After breakfast at the hotel join a group tour of Florence, definitely a open air museum full of masterpieces and the cradle of Renaissance. Walk around the charming old city and visit to Duomo, with its Giotto Bell Tower and renowned Accademia Gallery full of unique masterpieces. Some free time to walk along the Arno River and a chance to see Ponte Vecchio and admire artisans’ workshops before your transfer from your hotel in Florence to your hotel in the Chianti region. The evening is at leisure. Overnight in the Chianti region. [B]
Day 6: Chianti
Breakfast. Small group excursion to the Chianti* area including an explanation on aromatic herbs harvested and dried following the ancient techniques of this wine region, wine tastings and light lunch or dinner with English speaking escort. Then, transfer to your hotel. Evening at leisure and overnight in Chianti region. [B]
* Depending on the availability, clients can choose between the following excursions: (1) San Gimignano, Chianti & Montalcino Tour, (2) Chianti & San Gimignano Grand Tour, (3) Chianti & Castles Tour or (4) Dinner in the Chianti vineyard
Day 7: Chianti, La Spezia
After breakfast, be ready to say good bye to the Chianti region. You’ll be picked-up fro your transfer to La Spezia in the Cinque Terre region. Upon arrival in La Spezia check-in at the hotel and rest of the day at leisure. You will be handed a 2-day Cinque Terre card, which includes use of ecological Park buses, unlimited train travel on the Levanto - Cinque Terre - La Spezia line (on regional trains in 2° class) and access to all trekking paths. We recommend that you check out the old town and, maybe, enjoy a little walk through the new town. Overnight in La Spezia. [B]
Day 8: La Spezia
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and prepare to make the most of your day. Your pass let’s visit the best of the region and we recommend that you go directly to Levanto to start your visit and travel back to La Spezia. In Levanto, visit the castle (13th century) and the city walls, that still remain, the churches, built between the 11th and 16th centuries, the Da Passano Villia (17th) and the very interesting King’s palace. Then, take a 25-minute walk to Monterosso al Mare to spend some time on the best sand beach in Cinque Terre. From there continue to Vernazza, a 35-minute scenic walk via Strada Procinciale 38 or take a 5-minute tain ride. Vernazza is arguably the most scenic of the five villages with a beautiful deep blue bay, red tiled roofs and green cultivated terraces decorating the hills. You may visit the Doria Castle Tower and the Church of Santa Margherita d’Antiochia. Relax at a terrace and enjoy a wine tasting. If you have the time you may take a boat to Manarola, (they run every 2 hours or so) or take advantage of your pass and take the train. Admire the beautiful harbor and visit the San Lorenzo Church built in the 14th century. Then, walk to Riomaggiore along Via dell' Amore (Way of Love) a scenic walkway along the sea. Finally take the train back to La Spezia for overnight at your hotel. [B]
Day 9: La Spezia, Genoa, USA
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and be ready for pick-up to be transferred to Genoa airport to board your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/T] = Breakfast and Wine Tasting
- Airfare USA-Rome//Genoa-USA
- Transfers in:
- Rome (Fiumicino airport to the hotel)
- Florence (from rail station and to hotel in Chianti region
- Chianti region to hotel in La Spezia
- La Spezia to Genoa airport
- 8 nights’ accommodation in hotels of your choice:
- Rome – 3 nights
- Florence – 1 night
- Chianti – 2 nights
- La Spazia – 2 nights
- Breakfast daily
- 1st or 2nd class high-speed train tickets Rome to Florence
- 2-day Cinque Terre card including use of ecological Park buses, unlimited train for Levanto/Cinque Terre/La Spezia line (in 2° class) and access to all trekking paths.
- 2.5-hour walking sightseeing group tour in Rome
- 3-hour group visit of the Vatican
- 3-hour walking group tour in Florence
- Half-day excursion to Chianti region including tastings and light lunch or dinner
- English-speaking guides for tours
- Entrance tickets for sites visited with guides
- Local taxes, except hotels
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities taxes
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Florence||Kursaal & Ausonia||4|
|Cosimo de' Medici||4.5|
|Chianti region||Pal. San Lorenzo||4.5|
|Tenuta di Ricavo||4.5|
|Palazzo San Niccolò||4.5|
|La Spezia||Nh Hotel||3.5|
|Chianti region||Palazzo San Lorenzo||4.5|
|Tenuta di Ricavo||4.5|
|Palazzo San Niccolò,||4.5|
|La Spezia||NH Hotel||3.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,965 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT03ROM21IC
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Hotel City Taxes
|City||First Class||Superior Tourist|
|Rome||€ 4,00||€ 6,00|
|Florence||€ 3,50||€ 4,50|
|LaSpezia||€ 1,50||€ 1,50|
Taxes are per person per night and must be paid directly to the hotels.