Jewish Buenos Aires
Jewish Heritage Buenos Aires
5 days – 4 nights
Embassy of Israel Square, AMIA, Shoa Museum, Templo Paso, Club Hebraica
Culture, Heritage, History
This program is fully customizable and may be operated for individuals, pods and groups
Day 1: Buenos Aires
Welcome to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival transfer to your hotel. Remainder of the day at leisure to enjoy the city at your pace. Later enjoy a Tango/Show dinner at Café Los Angelitos. A one hundred-year live witness to Porteño history, today in the vanguard of tango, this show will go through a whole time period with luxury and elegance. Before dinner, two expert dancers will teach you the basic tango steps.
Signature Option: Dinner and Tango Show at Gala Tango
Pick up at hotel: 8.00 PM for a drive to San Telmo, the cradle of Tango. "Gala Tango" is one of the most exclusive tango venues in the city, due to its architecture and decor, in the French style of the 30s, with its Carrara marble bar and refined details. The a-la-carte gourmet 3-course dinner carefully designed by its exclusive chef will be as well a distinctive trait of the evening. Around midnight, return to the hotel. [D]
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Our tour starts at the Embassy of Israel Square, built on the spot once occupied by the Israeli embassy until 1992, when a brutal terrorist attack destroyed it. In order to preserve the memory of this terrible event, the old façade has been kept; 22 trees were planted in the square, commemorating the same number of victims; and two large plaques were placed to represent fraternity between Jewish and non-Jewish people. Next, we visit the new building of the Argentine-Israel Benefit Society, best known as AMIA*. Its original building was destroyed by a new terrorist assault in 1994 that killed 85 people. This institution is one of the most traditional in Argentina. Its mission is to promote Jewish culture in our country, to keep its traditions and to foster the development of the Jewish community. Nevertheless, its doors are open for every Argentinean, and it offers job and educational opportunities to anyone interested. Our next stop is the Shoa Museum, built to keep the memory of the Holocaust alive. This small but well-planned museum shows objects, images and testimonies related to the life of Jewish people in Argentina and Europe. Ending our journey, we visit the neighborhoods typically associated to the Jewish community: Abasto, where we can find (at the Abasto Shopping Mall) the only McDonald’s franchise serving kosher food in the world –outside of Israel; Villa Crespo and Once, where we’ll visit the Templo Paso, one of the most important Ashkenazi synagogues in the country. [B]
* Note: AMIA is only opened for visits on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Day 3: Buenos Aires
This tour portrays the many facets of Buenos Aires. We will visit the symbol of our city: the Obelisk. Squares such as ‘Plaza de Mayo’, ‘Plaza San Martin’, ‘Plaza Alvear’; Avenida De Mayo, Corrientes and 9 de Julio, consider the widest in the world. The historic neighborhoods of La Boca and San Telmo. Every Sunday in San Telmo there is a market that is not to be missed! Next we head to the magnificent district of Palermo and the chic Recoleta area, home of beautiful parks, cafes and the famous Recoleta Cemetery. Our next stop is the modern areas of Puerto Madero, Palermo and the commercial and financial areas of the city. Our tour also includes a guided visit of the famous Colon Theater. A landmark of the city, it is ranked the third best opera house in the world by National Geographic, and is acoustically considered to be amongst the five best concert venues in the world. The Teatro Colón’s sublime architecture stands out in every single detail. The theater’s marvels, beauty, and charm make this guided tour an ever-lasting memory. After lunch (not included) we will visit the Club Hebraica, one of the most highly developed Jewish cultural complexes. Under the personal guidance of a club official, you will receive a special tour of this vast network of schools, sports and entertainment facilities [B]
Day 4: Buenos Aires
Day at leisure to discover Buenos Aires at your pace. [B]
Day 5: Buenos Aires
At agreed time transfer to the airport to board your flight to the USA or to your next destination [B]
[B] = Breakfast
· Round-trip airfare New York/Buenos Aires
· Private Transfers
· 4 nights’ accommodation in Buenos Aires at hotel of your preference
· Private tours as per itinerary
· Local English Speaking guides
· Daily breakfast
· Entrance fees to attractions mentioned
· All contributions to organizations and synagogues
· All hotel taxes
· Taxes and Fees related to airfares
· Early check-in or late check-out at hotels
· Travel Insurance
· Visa costa if applicable
· Services and food not listed in the itinerary
· Beverages during the meals
· Hotel extras, and personal expenses.
· Tips for guides, drivers, and in restaurants
|City||Hotel Name||Room Type||Tripadvisor|
|Superior Tourist Class|
|Buenos Aires||Grand Brizo||Comfort||4.5|
|Buenos Aires||Sofitel Recoleta||Superior||4.5|
All hotels are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
|Seasons||2-3 Pax||4-5 Pax||6-9 Pax||1 Pax||SGL Supp|
|Superior Tourist Class|
Rates are minimum per person sharing a room and may change without notice.
Rates may change depending on the date of travel.
See group program in Groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Prices are minimum for low season. Please call for other periods
Tour Code: AR02BUE21ETA
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Car can be upgraded upon request
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
|Dinner and Tango Show at Gala Tango|
Prices are per person and may change without notice