Lost City of the Kogi
Lost City of the Kogi
The Lost City of the Kogi
Santa Marta, Sierra Nevada, Lost City
7 days/ 6 nights
Archeology, Nature, Adventure
This program is fully customizable and may be operated for individuals, pods and small groups
Day 1: Santa Marta
Upon arrival at Santa Marta’s Simón Bolívar International Airport, you will be met and assisted by our representative who will escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to rest and relax after the flight or to start exploring your neighborhood. For the evening we suggest you try one of the restaurants located in the Rodadero area, where seafood is the specialty, and enjoy the marine breeze that almost always kisses the city. Overnight at the hotel
Day 2: Santa Marta, First Camp Site
Breakfast at the hotel before departure from Santa Marta by jeep (about 3 hours drive) to the Mamey. Brief explanation of the program, light lunch (ham, vegetables, cheese, bread and drinks). The walk follows a trek that starts in Mamey and goes all the way until the first campsite (Adan or Alfredo). This is a 4-hour walk (3.7 miles) with some natural pools, rivers and waterfalls. Refreshing fruits are provided during the trip. The camp provides typical huts with sleeping hammocks for accommodation. Dinner at the camp and information about tomorrow’s trip before retiring for the night. [B/L/D]
Day 3: First Camp Site, Buritacá, Second Camp
Breakfast at the camp. At 8:00 am, departure to the second station, “Mumake” walking down into the valley formed by the river Buritaca, where the Mutanyi indigenous people live in huts clustered in a small town known as Mutanshi. Information is provided on the cultures as you continue the walk to the camp for tonights accommodation. Recreation, food, lunch and dinner are provided during the day. [B/L/D]
Day 4: Second Camp, Lost City, Third Camp
Enjoy a traditional breakfast at the camp. At 7:00 am departure to the third station, “Romualdo”, crossing the river Buritaca several times Fruits are provided during the 4-hour hike (less than 4 miles) to reach the camp. Recreation, lunch, dinner and accommodation are provided during the day. [B/L/D]
Day 5: Third Camp, Lost City, Second Camp
After breakfast (fruit, pastries, coffee, chocolate) early morning walk of about 1 hour and climbing 1,200 steps to the Lost City (Ciudad Perdida). The tour of the site will take about 3 hours with detailed explanations by the expert guide. Then walk back to the third campsite to have lunch and continue the route to the second camp (where you spent the night). The walking time is around 4 hours. Dinner, free time and accommodation at the camp. [B/L/D]
Day 6: Second Camp, Mamey, Santa Marta
Early breakfast at the second camp before departure to the first camp for a snack. Then leave for Mamey, a walk that will take about 6 hours. Stop for lunch at the Mamey. In the afternoon, a 2-hour Jeep trip (about 36 miles) to reach Santa Marta where you will spend the last night of the tour. [B/S]
Day 7: Santa Marta, USA
Breakfast at the hotel before you get packed and are picked-up by our representative for your transfer to the airport to board your flight to Bogota connecting with your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/S] = Breakfast and Snack | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
· Round-trip airfare Miami-Santa Marta
· Transfers by private service with English speaking guide
· 6 nights’ accommodation
· 2 nights in Santa Marta and 4 nights in hammocks with mosquito nets
· Breakfast daily
· 4 lunches + 1 picnic lunch
· 4 dinners
· Entrance fees
· Expert local guides
· Travel insurance for trekking
· Luggage storage and safe box service
· Contributions to the rural and indigenous communities
· Airfare taxes and fees
· Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
· Travel insurance
· All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
· Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
· Extras and gratuities
· Early check-in or late check-out
· Expenses of personal nature
|Santa Marta||Hotel Boutique Casa Carolina||5|
|Zuana Beach Resort||4|
|Santa Marta Marriott Resort Playa Dormida||4.5|
Hotel will be confirmed at time of booking
|Superior Firs Class||$645|
|Top First Class||$729|
Rates are minimum per person sharing a room and may change without notice.
Rates may change depending on the date of travel.
Prices for single room or for 3 passengers sharing a room are available on request
Valid through December 20th 2022. Not valid for Holidays and big Conventions.
Other blackout dates may apply.
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Prices are minimum for low season. Please call for other periods
Tour Code: CO01SMR21GB
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Car can be upgraded upon request
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Due to the topography of this trip we recommend that you carry the items listed below so you stay comfortable all the way:
· Plastic bags to protect clothing from dust and water
· Sneakers or boots for mountain
· Personal hygiene items
· Personal medicines
· Lycra or cotton shorts (3 at least)
· Cotton shirts
· Bathing suit
· Socks (several pairs)
· Long pants
· Long sleeve shirt
· Insect repellent
· First aid kit, stomach and pain medication
· 1-liter bottle of water
· Flashlight or torch