Madeira Pearl of the Atlantic
Madeira Pearl of the Atlantic
|Purpose:||Relaxation, Discovery, Culture|
|No. of days:||5 days - 4 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Funchal|
|Other cities:||Camara de Lobos, Curral das Freiras, Calheta, Porto Moniz, São Vincente, Santana|
|Starting cost:||From: $529 including airfare|
Day 1: Funchal
Upon arrival at Funchal airport, you’ll be met by our representative who will transfer you to your hotel in the city. Rest of the day at leisure to rest and relax. Overnight in Funchal.
Day 2: Funchal (Camara de Lobos, Curral das Freiras)
Breakfast at the hotel. Leaving Funchal towards the west, you will discover the small fishing town typical of Câmara de Lobos and the Cap Girão, the highest promontory in Europe and the second highest in the world with 580 meters. The former English first minister, Winston Churchill, painted this exceptional portrait when he visited the island in 1950. It is in this commune that the singular parish of Curral das Freiras is located. Situated in a deep valley, Curral das Freiras offers one of the most impressive landscapes of the island, attracting the admiration of all visitors with its breathtaking panoramas (over 500 meters above sea level at the Eira do Serrado viewpoint). Return to Funchal. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Funchal.
Day 3: Funchal (Calheta, Porto Moniz, São Vincente)
Breakfast at the hotel. Take the direction of the sunny coasts of Ponta do Sol and Calheta, very rich in bathing areas that invite you to swim. You can also visit the Casa das Mudas Arts Center, which offers an extensive cultural program through-out the year. The beaches of the picturesque villages of Jardim and Paul do Mar offer sports lovers excellent surfing. Then take the direction of Porto Moniz and regain strength, during an invigorating bath in the famous natural swimming pools dug into the rock. The journey continues in the direction of São Vicente, on a road dotted with waterfalls and where the contrast between the majestic green and the crystalline blue of the waters of the sea is obvious. Here you can visit the caves and the center of Volcanism, the exhibition center - Lime Road or simply walk through the narrow streets of this charming little town. Return to Funchal. Overnight in Funchal.
Day 4: Funchal (Santana)
Breakfast at the hotel. Head towards the town of Santana, declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 2011 by UNESCO. This reserve incorporates a terrestrial element, corresponding to the whole surface of the municipality, but also a marine element, which presents a great diversity of natural, human, landscape, environmental and cultural values of local, regional, national and international interest. The municipality was for a very long time inaccessible by sea and by land, its inhabitants have preserved characteristics that have not undergone external influences. One of the examples of this isolation is the architectonic style of its typical houses with thatched roof more commonly known as "Santana's small houses". Return to Funchal. Overnight in Funchal.
Day 5: Funchal, USA
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and check-out. At the appointed time our representative will pick you up to transfer you to Funchal Airport where you’ll board your connecting flight home via Lisbon.
- Round-trip airfare USA-Lisbon-Funchal
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 4-nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- Half day tour to Curral das Freiras
- Full day tour to Calheta and São Vicente
- Full day to Santana with.
- Official local guide tours
- A/C vehicle for tours and transfers
- Hotel taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes related to airfares
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Meals and beverages;
- Guide service
- Porterage service
- Any service not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
Hotels in your Tour
|Funchal||Superior Tourist||Hotel Madeira||4.5|
|First Class||Pestana Promenade||4.5|
|Deluxe||Belmond Reids Palace||5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $529 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: PT05LIS21OT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.