Madrid, Castilla and Andalusia
Madrid, Castilla and Andalusia
|Purpose:||Discovery, Culture, History, Fun|
|No. of days:||7 days - 6 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Madrid|
|Other cities:||Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Toledo|
|Starting cost:||$1,399 including airfare|
Day 1 – Sat: Madrid
Meet and greet at the airport. Take a transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 2 – Sun: Madrid
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning Madrid guided city tour; find the medieval origins of the city, like the Arabic fortress, at the Barrio de la Morería, famous for its historical buildings. Drive through the courtesan district of the Hapsburgs characterized by Phillip II and its Renaissance and Baroque style buildings, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and Plaza de la Villa; the Madrid of the Bourbons and the complex town planning schemes of Charles III, the Royal Palace, Cibeles and Neptuno Fountains and the Puerta de Alcalá. Admire the XIX C. works such as Prado Museum. The contemporary Madrid with areas such as Gran Vía, Castellana, the district of Salamanca, Plaza Castilla and Parque del Oeste, as well as commercial and financial areas of Modern Madrid, the emblematic Las Ventas Bullring and the Santiago Bernabéu Football Stadium. Afternoon free to continue exploring the wonders that the city has to offer. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 3 – Mon: Madrid, Cordoba, Seville
Depart from our established hotels in Madrid. Please refer to your documentation for detailed departure information. Drive southward along La Mancha, Don Quixote’s land. Brief stop at typical site in Puerto Lapice. Cross through the natural border of “Despeñaperros” and get into Andalusia, a region for itself that shows an enormous heritage from a splendorous past. Reach Cordoba. Impressive tour of its Mosque and other sites that will ease our mind and spirit strolling through its narrow winding streets of the Jewish Quarter. In the afternoon, after a short two hours ride reach Seville. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 4 – Tue: Seville
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning panoramic city tour visiting: the exterior of the Cathedral (the second largest in the Catholic world after St. Peters in Rome), Santa Cruz quarter (a natural scenario of “Carmen” as well as a precisely where the myth of “Don Juan” developed), Maria Luisa Park and Plaza de España. Afternoon at leisure for you to discover exclusive views, specific flavors of this active full of light city. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 5 – Wed: Seville, Granada
After breakfast at the hotel drive east through the Caliphate road to the heart of Andalusia observing an endless number of olive trees on the way to Granada and its incredible and amazing monumental environment, last stronghold of the Moorish Kingdoms up to 1492. Visit the world-famous Alhambra complex and Generalife Gardens that have inspired several authors with its sound and sights, such as the “Tales of the Alhambra” by W. Irving. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 6 – Thu: Granada, Toledo, Madrid
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive northward where it emerges, toward the sky of Castilla and surrounded by the Tagus River, the impressive Imperial city of Toledo –World Heritage City- where the three cultures Christians, Moorish and Jewish, have lived together. Resume of the Spanish art, history and spirituality the whole town is a National Monument. Short guided tour of this historical old town through its narrow streets. Then proceed with a visit to a famous “Damasquinado” (gold and silver inlaying in iron) factory. Continue to Madrid. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 7 - Fri: Madrid
After breakfast at the hotel transfer to the airport. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
· Round-trip airfare New York/Madrid
· Private arrival and departure transfers
· 6 nights’ accommodation:
· Madrid 3 nights
o Seville 2 nights
o Granada I night
o Breakfast daily
· Sightseeing of Madrid
· Tour of Cordoba Mosque
· Panoramic tour of Seville
· Visit to Alhambra Palace & Generalife Gardens
· Tour of historical Toledo
· Private driver-guide during the tour
· Deluxe A/C vehicle
· Entrance fees for sites visited
· All local taxes
· Taxes related to international airfares
· Travel insurance
· Meals and beverages not mentioned under inclusions
· Guide service
· Porterage service
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Any item not mentioned as “Included”
· Tips to guides or drivers
· Other services not mentioned in the program
|Madrid||Courtyard Marriott Madrid Princesa||3.5|
|Riu Plaza España||4|
|Madrid||Catalonia Gran Via||4|
|Seville||H10 Casa de la Plata||5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking. Tourist Class hotels available on request.
|Departure Dates||2-3 Pax||4-7 Pax||8 -11 Pax||12-17 Pax|
|Apr 2, 23||$2,685||$3,075||$1,959||$2,425||$1,519||$1,869||$1,399||$1,835|
|May 7, 14||$2,575||$2,965||$1,849||$2,319||$1,409||$1,759||$1,289||$1,719|
|Jun 11, 18||$2,799||$3,195||$2,075||$2,545||$1,635||$1,989||$1,515||$1,949|
|Jul 9, 16||$2,845||$3,239||$2,119||$2,589||$1,679||$2,029||$1,559||$1,995|
|Aug 6, 13, 27||$2,899||$3,295||$2,175||$2,645||$1,735||$2,089||$1,615||$2,049|
|Sep 3, 17||$2,619||$3,009||$1,895||$2,359||$1,455||$1,805||$1,335||$1,765|
|Oct 1, 08|
|Dec 17, 24||$2,989||$3,379||$2,265||$2,729||$1,825||$2,175||$1,705||$2,135|
|Apr 2, 23||$2,919||$3,469||$2,189||$2,819||$1,749||$2,269||$1,629||$2,249|
|May 7, 14||$2,805||$3,359||$2,079||$2,715||$1,639||$2,159||$1,519||$2,139|
|Jun 11, 18||$3,035||$3,589||$2,309||$2,939||$1,869||$2,385||$1,745||$2,369|
|Jul 9, 16||$3,079||$3,635||$2,349||$2,985||$1,909||$2,429||$1,789||$2,409|
|Aug 6, 13, 27||$3,135||$3,689||$2,409||$3,039||$1,969||$2,485||$1,845||$2,469|
|Sep 3, 17||$2,849||$3,405||$2,125||$2,759||$1,685||$2,199||$1,565||$2,185|
|Oct 1, 08|
|Dec 17, 24||$3,219||$3,775||$2,495||$3,129||$2,055||$2,569||$1,935||$2,555|
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Private arrival and/or departure transfer
· The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
· We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
We offer these special options at the stops in your itinerary so you may complete your Spanish experience with typical events characteristic of each region.