Magic of England
Magic of England
Day 2: London
The tour begins with a panoramic drive around Parliament Square to see the magnificent Westminster Abbey, where Prince William and Kate Middleton were married continuing to Kensington Palace, former home of Diana, Princess of Wales. After that, we'll see the Royal Albert Hall and Albert Memorial before heading to St James' Park and Buckingham Palace to see the colorful ceremony of the Changing of the Guard. Accompanied by a military band, a detachment of the Queen's Foot Guard march to Buckingham Palace to change with the old guard. Then have a chance to enjoy lunch at a traditional London Pub (not included). We take you on a guided tour of St Paul's Cathedral, Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece with its magnificent dome. The Cathedral was rebuilt after the Great Fire of London in 1666. In recent years it has seen the wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, to Lady Diana Spencer and, more recently, the thanksgiving services for both the Diamond Jubilee and 80th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen. Founded by William the Conqueror in 1066-7 and enlarged by successive sovereigns, the Tower of London is one of the world's most famous and spectacular fortresses. Over the past 1000 years it has been a Royal Palace, an armory and a place of imprisonment and execution. The Beefeaters who guard the Tower will regale you with stories of its past. We will visit the Crown Jewels, including the magnificent solid-gold crown used at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, the enormous Cullinan diamonds and the extraordinary Koh-I-Noor. City Cruises operate a regular service between the Tower of London and Westminster Pier. You have the choice to take the River Cruise and end your tour at Westminster Pier, or take the cruise on another day and go with your guide back to Victoria. River Cruise Tickets are one-way from Tower Pier to Westminster Pier (or vice versa). [B]
Day 3: Stonehenge, Bath
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel before you board today’s tour. Your first stop this morning is mysterious Stonehenge, as one of the first visitors of the day you will beat the queues with our fast track entrance tickets. The true meaning of this ancient, awe-inspiring creation has been lost in the mists of time. Was Stonehenge a temple for sun worship, a healing center, a burial site or perhaps a huge calendar? How did our ancestors manage to carry the mighty stones from so far away and then, using only the most primitive of tools, build this amazing structure? Surrounded by mystery, Stonehenge never fails to impress. After time for lunch, not included, you’ll have a whole afternoon to discover Bath's major sights; our tour will show you Pulteney Bridge and the Circus, and you will get a fascinating insight into how Bath became the world-class attraction it is today. Bath offers a unique experience with stunning architecture, great shopping and iconic attractions. You will have plenty of time to discover the Jane Austen Visitors Centre, Bath Abbey or the Roman Baths. There is so much to see in this beautiful city. Return to London for overnight at your hotel. [B]
Day 4: Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral. Dover
Have you breakfast at the hotel and start the day heading out to Leeds Castle, passing through Greenwich, home of the famous 'Cutty Sark' tea clipper and the Royal Observatory, and crossing over the Greenwich Meridian. Leeds Castle was described by Lord Conway as 'the loveliest castle in the world' and is set in the middle of a natural lake, surrounded by 500 acres of parkland and gardens. Experience its magic in an atmosphere of still tranquility. There will also be time to explore the castle’s grounds where you will find the 'Lady Baillie Garden' with views over the lake, an aviary and maze. Traveling through Kent, the county known as the 'Garden of England', we make our way to Canterbury to visit the Cathedral. This magnificent Cathedral is the most important church within the worldwide Anglican faith. The central 'Bell Harry Tower' dates back to 1498 and the crypt to the 11th Century. It is here where your guide will tell the story of the shocking murder of Archbishop Thomas Beckett in 1170 and there will also be time to explore the narrow streets of Canterbury. We continue our tour through the picturesque landscape of Kent, dotted with unusual buildings and quaint little villages to Dover, where you'll see the famous White Cliffs standing 400 feet above sea level. Brooding above the White Cliffs is the sprawling Dover Castle still watching over the town 800 years on. After the tour of Dover return to London for overnight at your hotel. [B]
Day 5: London, USA
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and get ready to be picked-up for your transfer to the airport and board the flight for your next destination. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
- Round trip Private Transfers
- 4 nights accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Panoramic tour of London
- Changing of the Guard
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Tower of London
- See the magnificent Crown Jewels
- Thames River Cruise
- Georgian Bath
- Free time to explore Bath
- See Historic Greenwich
- Visit the fairy-tale Leeds Castle and its beautiful Gardens
- Canterbury Cathedral.
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Airfare between USA and United Kingdom
- Airport taxes
- Meals not mentioned under inclusions
- Tips to guides or drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|Luna & Simone||4.5|
|London||Montague on the Gardens||5|
|Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer St.||4.5|
|Ambar Hotel Charing Cross||5|
|9 Hertford St.|
These programs can be customized for individuals and groups. Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
- Trip days
- Cities and sites
- Other options
- The program was designed with private services; however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
- If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: GB04LON20XX
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.