Natural Light Show
Natural Light Show
Natural Light Show
6 days – 5 nights
Reykjavik, Thingvellir, Geysir, Gullfoss, South Shore, Eyjafjallajokull Volcano, Skaftafell National Park, Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon, Volcanic Areas, Hveragerdi, Blue Lagoon
Ecology, Nature, Discovery, Relaxation
This program may be operated for individual or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary – Please call us to customize
Weather and Hours of daylight
Day 1: Reykjavik
After clearing customs and immigration you’ll be transferred to your hotel in Reykjavik. Overnight stay in Reykjavik.
Day 2: Thingvellir, Geysir, Gullfoss (Northern Lights Centre - National Park with Geological Wonders (UNESCO) - Exploding Geysers - The Famous Golden Falls)
Start the day by visiting the recently opened and fascinating Northern Lights Centre in Reykjavik for an exciting and informative presentation on the Northern Lights. Onwards to Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO World Heritage site) where the world's oldest parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland's largest lake. Drive to Laugarvatn Fontana where your group experiences a geothermal bakery first-hand and digs up bread that has been cooked underground. Sample the delicious bread, served hot from the ground and slathered with fresh Icelandic butter. Continue through farmland areas to the geothermal fields of Geysir with bubbling mud pools and the high-spouting Strokkur hot spring. Last but not least, visit the dramatic two-tiered Gullfoss waterfall, a spectacular sight in winter when frozen mid-cascade. Stop at Skalholt, Iceland’s capital during the Middle-Ages and now a culture center with a beautiful church. Overnight in the south coast area. [B]
Day 3: South Shore, Eyjafjallajokull Volcano (Waterfalls - Glacial Views - Black-Sand Beaches - Lava Center)
Drive along the south shore, an area of Iceland that is beautiful to view in the winter. This is one of the main farm regions of the country, and the road will pass by typical Icelandic farms, often with Icelandic horses in the fields. This part of Iceland is home to the new Lava Centre, an interactive, high-tech educational exhibition depicting volcanic activity, earthquakes and the creation of Iceland over millions of years. Enjoy both the exhibit and viewing an interesting film about Icelandic volcanoes at the center's cinema. Stop at the spectacular waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss. Head onwards, passing by Myrdalsjokull Glacier, to visit Reynisfjara beach. Take a walk on the black sands, and admire the extraordinary rock formations and thundering waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Dinner and overnight stay in Kirkjubaejarklaustur area. [B/D]
Day 4: Skaftafell National Park, Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon (Europe's Largest National Park - Glacial Lagoon with Icebergs - Europe's Largest Glacier)
Today enter the area of Vatnajokull National Park, named after Europe's largest glacier. This national park is also the largest one in Western Europe. The park's Skaftafell region is a site of outstanding natural beauty, dominated by Vatnajokull glacier. View Svinafellsjökull, one of the most beautiful of the glacial outlets emerging from Vatnajökull. Continue to Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon where you can enjoy a breathtaking sight of icebergs floating in the fantastic 591 ft. deep glacial lagoon. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 5: Volcanic Areas, Hveragerdi, Blue Lagoon, Reykjavik (Greenhouse Village - Thundering Waves - Geothermal Lagoon)
Head towards the village of Hveragerdi, which is one of the few sites in the world located directly in the middle of a geothermal area. Hveragerdi is often called "The Flower Village" because of its many greenhouses heated by hot water from nearby springs. Follow along the coastline with its breathtaking waves and through a deserted community that once was a flourishing centre for the region. On to the Reykjanes peninsula, where you can enjoy a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon, a unique wonder of nature with pleasantly warm, mineral-rich water in the middle of a black lava field. Return to Reykjavik, where the evening is at your leisure. Dinner is on your own. Overnight in Reykjavik. [B]
Day 6: Reykiavik, USA
Depending on your flight you may have some time free. At the appointed time you’ll be transferred to the international airport to board your flight back to the USA.
Important: Please note that northern lights are dependent on weather conditions. Sightings cannot be guaranteed.
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- Round-trip airfare USA-Reykjavik
- Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
- 5 nights’ accommodation:
- 2 nights at a hotel in Reykjavík
- 3 nights at countryside hotels
- Breakfast daily except on arrival day
- 3 one-course dinners with coffee/tea
- Northern Lights Centre
- Geological Wonders (UNESCO)
- Exploding Geysers
- Famous Golden Falls
- Lava Center
- Glacial Lagoon with Icebergs
- Geothermal Lagoon
- Entrance fee to the Northern Lights Center
- Geothermal bakery experience
- Entrance to the new Lava Centre and volcano film at the Lava Center's Cinema (day 3)
- Northern Lights hunt kit on day 3 or 4 (flashlight & blanket)
- Northern Light guided hunt on foot
- Northern Lights “wake up call” option during the night (available at countryside hotels)
- Blue Lagoon bathing fee + towel
- Guided coach tour from day 2 to day 5
Not included in tour
- Any taxes and surcharges relating to airfares
- Travel insurance
- Wi-Fi at hotels
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Optional tours and activities
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Swimsuit at the Blue Lagoon (can be rented on site)
|Gullfoss||Jaðar - The Old House||4.5|
|Gullfoss||Jaðar Holiday House||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,209 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services; however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IS02REK21VT
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.