Our Lady of Fatima
|No. of days:
||7 days - 6 nights
|First & Last Cities:
||Fatima, Aljustrel, Valinhos, Alcobaça, Batalha, Nazare, Coimbra
You will discover the old Basilica built in 1928 and the new round and white church of the Most Holy Trinity, inaugurated in 2007. In front of the Chapel of Apparitions (Capelinha), pilgrims crowd around the statue of the Crowned Virgin. Most came with the family or in a group.
Day 1: USA, Lisbon
Board your flight to Lisbon. Dinner, breakfast and entertainment on board.
Day 2: Lisbon, Fatima
After being met at Lisbon airport by our representative, start your visit in Belem, a town dedicated to the Portuguese Discoveries, where you’ll stop at the Jeronimos Monastery and the Tower, once located in. the middle of the delta to control the ships destined to Lisbon. Both these monuments are examples of the Manueline style, the Portuguese version of Renaissance. Then we dive to Lisbon for a panoramic tour of the city with stop at the cathedral and a pick at St. Antony’s Church just nearby. Very close is the famous Baixa, reconstructed in the 18th century after the earthquake and tsunami that destroyed it. We’ll stop for lunch. At one of the many restaurants before visiting St. Jorge’s Castle, a testimony to Moorish military architecture, and Chiado, the hill on the other side of the city, to visit the original parts of the city not affected by the earthquake as much as the lower part. After the visit continue to Fatima for installation at the hotel near the sanctuary. Evening prayer vigil at the Capelinha (Chapel of Apparitions) and candlelight procession. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. [L/D]
Day 3: Fatima (Aljustrel, Valinhos)
Day of prayer in Fatima. Mass at the Chapel of the Apparitions. Visit of the sanctuary, the Rosary Basilica with the tombs of Francis, Jacinta and Lucia. Lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon walk the Way of the Cross and return via the path followed by the Shepherds, starting at Valinhos, near the 8th station. Visit the native village of Aljustrel and the houses of the Shepherds. Return to Fatima. Dinner followed by the Rosary Candlelight Procession at the Sanctuary with procession of Our Lady of Fatima and torchlight vigil. [B/L/D]
Day 4: Fatima (Batalha, Alcobaça, Nazaré)
Morning mass for those desiring to attend. Departure to Batalha to visit the monastery, a jewel of the Manueline style and a World Heritage site. Your guide will lead you through the several parts of the monument and explain the history of the monastery. Continue to the fishing village of Nazare, located on the Atlantic coast and know for the rough water and dizzying cliffs. Stop for lunch at São Miguel restaurant and admire the fantastic view in addition to tasting the local seafood. After lunch continue to Alcobaça to visit the Convent, a masterpiece of Cistercian Gothic architecture, built from 1178 and another World Heritage site. After the visit return to Fatima for dinner and overnight. [B/L/D]
Day 5: Fatima
Today’s program will be set up in collaboration with the spiritual leader of the group so that the pilgrims can fully experience their pilgrimage to the Virgin Mary. An adapted program will be offered with, among other things, a visit to the new Basilica, explanations of the message of Fatima, the calls of the Virgin Mary. Daily mass and evening prayer vigil at the Apparitions Chapel. [B/D]
These are the appearances of Our Lady of Fatima to the Three Shepherds. At each appearance, Our Lady delivered a message:
May 13, 1917: I am from Heaven
June 13, 1917: The Immaculate Heart of Mary
July 13, 1917: The Vision of Hell
August 13, 1917: Children in prison
August 19, 1917: Announcement of the Miracle
September 13, 1917: Announcement of the Blessing of the World
October 13, 1917: The Miracle of the Sun
Day 6: Fatima (Coimbra)
Today, we take an excursion to Coimbra, first Portuguese capital and home to the third university created in Europe. We stop at the Monastery of Santa-Clara-a-Velha where the Miracle of the Roses took place in the late 13th century when Queen Elizabeth (canonized in 1625) transformed bread into roses. Continue to the University, located at the top of a hill will a great view over the city. Visit the library and exit to the Moorish quarter walking down on cobble-stone streets to visit the “Old” See. Continue your descent to arrive at the center through the Moorish Almedina Door and walk a few hundred feet to Santa Cruz Church, a National Pantheon where the two first kings of Portugal are buried. Santa Cruz was also St. Anthony first assignment before he moved to Padua. Have lunch at a local restaurant and return to Fatima for dinner. Attend the Candlelight Procession before overnight. [B/L/D]
Day 7: Fatima, Lisbon, USA
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Lisbon airport to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [L/D] = Lunch and Dinner | [B/B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Airfare between the USA and Lisbon
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 5 nights’ accommodation in Fatima
- Breakfast daily
- 4 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Sightseeing of Belem and Lisbon
- Evening prayer at the Chapel of Apparitions
- Daily candlelight procession (optional)
- Daily mass (optional)
- Walk the Way of the Cross at Fatima Sanctuary
- Walk the path of the Pastorinhos (young shepherds)
- Visits to:
- Batalha Monstery
- fishing village of Nazare
- Alcobaça Monastery
- Santa-Clara-a-Velha Monastery
- Coimbra University
- Coimbra Old See
- Santa Cruz Church
- Entrance fees to sites visited
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- English-speaking local guides where required
- Transportation by A/D deluxe motor-coach
- All local taxes.
Not included in tour
- Airfare fees and taxes
- Airfare difference between departure city and another USA gateway
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips to guides or driver
Hotels in your Tour
||Hotel Estrela de Fatima
LOCATION: The location may be in the center of Rome or near the Vatican
MEAL PLAN: Normally we include daily breakfast and dinner for all groups. However, the meal plan may vary depending on the organizer's request
The price for the group will be quoted based on the number of passengers, season, hotel type and meal plan.
Group organizers always travel for free if the group has 15 or more paying passengers.
Inclusion of tour conductors must be considered at time of request.
- If you wish to use this program for your group please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with you to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the land journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our special Leisure Fares, buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Tour Code: PT07LISD20XX
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.