Portugal & Spain
Portugal & Spain
|Purpose:||Heritage, Culture, History, Discovery, Fun|
|No. of days:||9 days - 8 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Lisbon, Madrid|
|Other cities:||Santarem, Fatima, Coimbra, Aveiro, Porto, Braga, Santiago de Compostela, Burgos|
|Starting cost:||$2,339 airfare included|
Day 1: Lisbon
Arrival at Lisbon airport. Meet and greet your guide at the airport. Visit of the capital: the Belém district with its monuments, the Belém Tower, the Jerónimos Monastery (entrance in the church), the Monument of Henry the Navigator. Then, the center of the city, with a visit to the cathedral from the 12th century, a symbol of the Christian reconquest of the territory, and the church of Santo Antonio, built in 1767, in the same place where the saint was born. Passage through the Alfama neighborhood. Check-in at the hotel.
Day 2: Lisbon, Santarem, Fatima
Breakfast. Departure to Fatima. In Santarem, stop to visit the Church of the Most Holy Miracle, where they keep the consecrated host that originated the miracle. Arrival in Fatima. Visit Fatima, where the Virgin appeared to three children, on May 13, 1917. Visit the sanctuary and the new Church of the Holy Trinity. Accommodation at the hotel. Dinner. Ability to participate in the procession by candlelight. [B]
Day 3: Fatima
Breakfast. Visit of Aljustrel, where some of the apparitions (1917) took place. Follow the Stations of the Cross along the Via Sacra, ending at the Calvary Chapel. Ability to participate in activities of the Sanctuary, watching a Mass or participating in a candlelit procession during the night. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 4: Fatima, Coimbra, Aveiro, Porto
Breakfast. Visit of the University of Coimbra, the place where Sister Lucia lived and the church of Santa Clara-a-Nova. Continuing to Aveiro, called "the Venice of Portugal" with its Moliceiros boats in the channel. Departure to Porto. Visit to the winery and wine tasting of Porto. Panoramic tour of Porto, capital of the north. Installed on a steep site, on the left bank of the Douro River, the city has a picturesque setting with their boats Rabelos (traditional boats that transported wine), their bridges and the hull old with houses covered in tiles. Accommodation at a hotel in the Porto region. [B/T]
Day 5: Porto, Braga, Santiago de Compostela
Breakfast. Departure to Braga to visit Bom Jesus do Monte: stroll through the Sanctuary with a monumental staircase flanked by chapels of the Via Sacra. Visit the Sanctuary Mariano in Sameiro and visit the Cathedral of Braga, the oldest in Portugal, is now the capital of Minho region. Under the arcades, cafes and restaurants give life to the Republic Square, where you can see the Tower, a vestige of the old medieval city Continue towards Santiago de Compostela. Visit to the city of Santiago, known for its 46 churches or chapels and 114 towers. We found streets full of history, where time stops. Discovery of the Obradoiro Square, Portico de la Gloria, Plaza Quintana, Puerta de los Plateros, the Cathedral and its museum. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 6: Santiago de Compostela, Burgos
Breakfast and departure to Burgos. The old capital of the United Kingdom of Castile and Leon during five centuries, counts on one of the masterpieces of the Spanish Gothic style, its Cathedral, Patrimony of the Humanity. Guided tour of the city and cathedral. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 7: Burgos, Madrid
Breakfast and departure to Madrid. At the arrival, sightseeing in Madrid. Let yourself be surprised by the historical and contemporary sites and the dynamic and vibrant lifestyle of the madrileños. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 8: Madrid
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day in Madrid. The Spanish capital, cosmopolitan, modern and big, includes large monuments and impressive art treasures in its many museums. Panoramic visit: the famous Gran Vía, Paseo de la Castellana, Cibeles and Neptuno, Plaza de España, Plaza Puertas del Sol, Park of Buen Retiro, Royal Palace, Paseo del Prado. [B]
Day 9: Madrid, USA
Breakfast. Free time until your airport transfer to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/T] = Breakfast and Tasting
· Airfare New York/Lisbon//Madrid/New York
· Arrival and departure transfers
· 8 nights’ accommodation:
o Lisbon 1 night
o Fatima 2 nights
o Porto 1 night
o Santiago de Compostela 1 night
o Burgos 1 night
o Madrid 2 nights
· Breakfast daily
· Half-day sightseeing:
o Santiago de Compostela
o Coimbra University
o Jeronimos Church in Barcelona
o Santiago de Compostela Cathedral
· Private transportation during the entire program
· Visit and wine tasting of a local cellar in Porto (regular basis)
· Audio guide during the visits mentioned at the program
· Taxes, Vat
· Any taxes related to airfares or airports
· City taxes: Lisbon, Porto & Madid: € 2,00 person/night
· Meals not mentioned under inclusions
· Travel insurance
· Tips to guides or drivers
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|Lisbon||Hotel Vila Galé Opera||3.5|
|Fatima||Hotel Santa Maria||4.5|
|Porto||The Artist Porto Hotel & Bistrô||4.5|
|Santiago de Compostela||Hotel Miró||n/a|
|Burgos||Hotel NH Collection Palácio de Burgos||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
|Season||2-3 Pax||4-5 Pax||6-7 Pax||8-9 Pax|
|Apr, May, Sep, Oct||$5,249||$5,779||$3,549||$4,079||$2,769||$3,295||$2,465||$2,995|
|Jun, Jul, Aug||$5,459||$5,989||$3,759||$4,289||$2,979||$3,505||$2,675||$3,205|
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person, are valid through March ’23 and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: PT07LIS22OT
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Private arrival and/or departure transfer
· The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
· We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.