8 days – 7 nights
Stockholm, Uppsala, Dalarna, Dalecarlie, Lake Siljan, Marbacka, Karlstad, Tanumshede, Lysekil, Gothenburg, Lake Vattern, Vasteras
Nature, Discovery, Culture
This program may be operated for individual or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary – Please call us to customize
Day 1: Stockholm
After arrival formalities at Stockholm Airport you’ll be met by our representative and driven to your hotel. In the afternoon visit Skansen Park, an open-air folk museum retracing the Swedish way of life and culture through reproductions of houses, farms from all eras, and craft workshops.
Day 2: Stockholm
Breakfast at the hotel and departure for your discovery of Stockholm, an elegant and spacious capital dotted with islets. Visit the medieval district of Gamla Stan, with its winding streets lined with stalls, the Town Hall and its high square tower which offers a panoramic view of the city, the Royal Castle very rich in historical memories, the Maritime Vasa Museum, located on the island of Djurgården. Here you can admire the warship Vasa, refloated after a stay of more than 300 years in the port, as well as many other archaeological remains. [B]
Day 3: Stockholm, Uppsala, Dalarna, Dalecarlie
Depart for Uppsala, a prominent university town home to Uppsala Domkyrka Cathedral. Uppsala is also the birthplace of artist Ingmar Bergman, botanist Carl Von Ligne and writer August Strindberg. Continue on your way to Dalarna, "the most Swedish of regions" because of its immense forests and redwood cottages. After passing through the town of Avesta, discover the national symbol of Sweden, the Dalahasten (the famous wooden horse). Next, pass through the picturesque village of Sundborn where you’ll visit the home of artist Carl Larsson, the representative of Swedish interior design. [B]
Day 4: Dalecarlie (Lake Siljan)
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, set off towards the surrounding area around Lake Siljan which is known to have a gorgeous blue color. Start your day with Rättvik, then Nusnäs, to visit the production center of Dalahasten, this toy for children which has become the national symbol of Sweden. Continue to Mora, which is the hometown of painter Ander Zorn and visit his house, connected to the museum having an incredible collection of his works. Return to Dalecarlie for overnight. [B]
Day 5: Dalecarlie, Marbacka, Karlstad
Start your day towards Karlstad with a detour via the paths of the lush forests of Dalarna. On your way, you will come across the town of Malung in the Värmland region which is crossed by the Klarälven river. Stop for lunch on the way and visit Mårbacka and the home of Swedish author Selma Lagerlöf, who was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1909. Overnight in Karlstad. [B/L]
Day 6: Karlstad, Tanumshede, Lysekil, Gothenburg
This morning, continuation of the tour to the west coast of Sweden, Bohuslän, which consists of sloping cliffs and more than 8,000 islands. Visit the Tanumshede stone carvings dating back to the Bronze Age (1800 BC). After lunch, continue along the coast and visit the many villages such as the very charming village of Lysekil. At the end of the day, arrive in Gothenburg, the second largest city in Sweden, for overnight. [B/L]
Day 7: Gothenburg, Lake Vattern, Vasteras
Take a morning stroll through the city along the famous "Avenyn", the main street of Goteborg. Then continue your journey through Lake Vättern and the town of Jönköping. Stop in Gränna for lunch and taste 'Polkagrisar', a solid candy traditionally made from peppermint, but which can be found today in many different flavors. Continue towards Västerås. [B/L]
Day 8: Vasteras, Stockholm, USA
After breakfast take a walking tour of Västerås charming historic center. Then, we drive to Orebro to visit the romantic castle surrounded by a moat covered with water lilies. A short drive to Stockholm Arlanda airport to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch
- Round-trip airfare USA-Stockholm
- 7 nights’ accommodation:
- Stockholm 2 nights
- Dalecarlie 2 nights
- Karlstad 1 night
- Goteborg 1 night
- Vasteras 1 night
- 7 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- Stockholm, "The Venice of the North"
- Tour Dalarna
- Visit Goteborg
- Enjoy Lake Vänern
- The forests and red wooden cottages of Dalecarlie
- The west coast of Sweden
- Bohuslän’s sloping cliffs and over 8000 islands
- Transportation by private car
- English speaking driver-guide
- Entrance fees according to program
- All local taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel Insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips to driver and guide
|Stockholm||Best Western Kom||4|
|Dalecarlie||Hôtel Quality Spa & Resort Dalecarlia||4|
|Karlstad||Clarion Collection Drott||4.5|
|Vasteras||Hôtel Scandic Västerås||3.5|
|Stockholm||The King's Garden||4.5|
|Dalecarlie||Hôtel Quality Spa & Resort Dalecarlia||4|
|Karlstad||Elite Stadshotellet Karlstad||4|
|Goteborg||Sankt Jorgen Park||4.5|
|Vasteras||The Steam Hotel||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $2,425 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: SE02OSL21VT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.