Rome and the Almalfi Coast
Rome and the Almalfi Coast
|Purpose:||History, Culture, Relaxation, Fun|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Rome, Naples|
|Other cities:||Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,475 including airfare|
Day 1: Rome
Upon arrival at Rome’s Fiumicino airport you will be met and assisted on your transfer to your hotel in Rome. Rest of the day is free. Overnight in Rome.
Day 2: Rome
After breakfast at your hotel you’ll be picked up for a half-day walking group excursion to the Coliseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. The Coliseum, the most emblematic monument in Rome, originally known as the Flavian Amphitheater, is the well-known place of the gladiators’ games and the theme of many a movie. Close by is an important and unique collection of ruins of what was the heart of Imperial Rome: The Roman Forum and surrounding official buildings! In the same area is the most important elevation of Roman’s history: The Palatine Hill where, according to Roman mythology, the brothers Remus and Romulus, possibly sons of Hercules, were kept alive by a she-wolf and ended-up being the founders of Rome. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to continue exploring. Overnight in Rome. [B]
Day 3: Rome
Have breakfast at the hotel and enjoy a free day to explore the beauties of the Eternal City. Overnight in Rome. [B]
Day 4: Rome, Naples, Sorrento
After breakfast you’ll be picked-up at your hotel for a short rice to Roma’s Termini train station to board your high-speed train to Napoli Centrale where you should arrive in about 1 hour. Upon arrival in Naples you’ll be driven to Sorrento to check-in at your hotel. The rest of the day id free for you to rest and relax. Overnight in Sorrento. [B]
Day 5: Sorrento (Capri, Anacapri)
After breakfast join our full-day excursion to Capri and Anacapri. The tour starts at the Sorrento pier , to where you’ll be transferred. We catch the hydrofoil heading to the island of Capri where your guided tour will start from the higher part of the island: Anacapri. There, you’ll have the a chance to visit Villa San Michele, the fabulous villa of Dr. Alex Munthe (unfortunately you must buy tickets over there as they are not available in advance). Weather permitting, you may take an optional chairlift to Monte Solaro or wander around the shops and relax in one of many open-air cafes. Free time for lunch before the tour continues to the town of Capri to the famous Piazza Umberto and its chic shops and restaurants. Admire the colorful gardens of Augustus overlooking the famed Faraglioni rocks and Marina Piccola. Some free time to wander around before returning to Sorrento by hydrofoil. Overnight in Sorrento. [B]
Day 6: Sorrento (Amalfi Coast - Amalfi, Ravello, Maiori)
As usually, enjoy breakfast at your hotel and join today’s tour to the fabulous Amalfi Coast. The Amalfi Drive is one of the most spectacular coastal roads in Europe and passes through some absolutely stunning scenery. Starting from Sorrento, it winds its way along the cliff edge offering breathtaking views until it reaches Amalfi where stands the imposing IX-century cathedral. One of Italy’s most well known and tourist towns, Positano, a picturesque town, is also famous for its highly original fashion clothing. Tour on foot its pretty narrow streets, pastel-colored houses and endless steps carved in the rock. Then, continue to Ravello to visit Villa Rufolo built in 1270. The villa was mentioned by Giovanni Boccaccio in his Decameron and inspired Richard Wagner in 1880 for his opera Parsifal. Villa Cimbrone, famous for its "Terrace of the Infinite" and the The church of San Giovanni del Toro (Saint John of the Bull) dating to before the year 10th century. Return to Sorrento for overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 7: Sorrento (Pompeii)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and be ready to start today’s exploration of Pompeii’s ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. Led by an expert guide, wander the cobble stones streets of Pompeii peak into houses, some with frescoes that survived the eruption, pass the remains of the Thermal Baths, Lupanare, Vetti's House, the imposing amphitheater and tour the Forum, as you learn the unique history behind Mt. Vesuvius’ deadly eruption in 79 AD. After wandering this fascinating site, enjoy some free time for lunch before riding back to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the seaside. Overnight in Sorrento. [B]
Day 8: Sorrento, Naples, USA
Breakfast at the hotel and departure transfer to Naples Airport to board your connecting flight to the USA.
[B] = Breakfast
- Airfare USA-Rome//Naples-USA
- Transfers in:
- Naples train station to Sorrento
- Sorrento to Naples airport
- Hotel accommodation for 7 nights in hotel of your choice:
- Rome – 3 nights
- Sorrento – 4 nights
- 1st or 2nd class high-speed train tickets from Rome to Naples
- 2.5-hour walking sightseeing group tour in Rome
- Full-day excursion to Capri and Anacapri for small group including minibus and hydrofoil return transfers
- Full-day excursion to Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and Maiori
- Half-day excursion to Pompeii
- English-speaking guides for tours
- Entrance tickets for sites visited
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Entrance tickets to Villa San Michele in Sorrento (€ 8,00 per person to be paid on the site)
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,475 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT05ROM21IC
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Hotel City Taxes
|City||First Class||Superior Tourist|
|Rome||€ 4,00||€ 6,00|
|Sorrento||€ 1,50||€ 1,50|
Taxes are per person per night and must be paid directly to the hotels