Rome and the Vatican
Rome and the Vatican
|Purpose:||Faith, Art, History, Culture, Fun|
|No. of days:||6 days - 5 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Rome|
|Other cities:||Vatican City|
|Starting cost:||On Request|
Day 1: USA, Rome
Depart the USA on overnight flight to Rome. Dinner and breakfast are served on board.
Day 2: Rome
After arrival at Fiumicino International Airport you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel in Rome’s city center. Rest of the day at leisure to rest and relax after the long journey. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. [D]
Day 3: Rome – The Ancient Christians
Have breakfast at the hotel and enjoy a morning at leisure to star discovering the neighborhood and the city’s lively streets and colorful districts on your own. You can use your 48-hour sightseeing pass to have an overlook of the most important monuments and sites of the Eternal City. After lunch on your own, you will join your first tour with an expert guide to follow the historical paths furrowing the Italian capital. Firstly, you will reach the Esquiline Hill, where you will discover the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore and its treasures. The tour will continue to the Scala Sancta (Holy Staircase), the Lateran Palace with a thorough visit to the Basilica of San Giovanni, the cathedral of Rome. You will proceed along the Ancient Appian Way, passing by the Chapel of “Domine Quo Vadis”, and you will arrive at the Catacombs, an ancient hiding place and then Christian and Jewish underground cemeteries, dating back to the first centuries of Christianity. There, you will access the Catacombs of San Callisto, Santa Domitilla or San Sebastiano (depending on the season – entrance tickets included). The tour will end at the magnificent ruins of imperial Baths of Caracalla. Free evening. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. [B/D]
Day 4: Rome – The Ancient Romans
Have breakfast at the hotel and, then, start your visit of the Ancient part of Rome, accompanied by an expert guide, including the Coliseum, one of the most famous monuments in the world, the Palatine Hill, the most exclusive district with the opulent palaces of emperors and patrician families, and the Roman Forum, the center of Roman public and economic life (skip the line entrance tickets included). Explore Rome’s picturesque churches and charming piazzas, breathing the air of mystery and romance. The 17th century Rome was the cradle of Illuminati, one of the most influential secret societies of all times. Leaders of this society were Galileo Galilei and Gian Lorenzo Bernini who created the Path of Illumination by depositing clues around the city that, once solved, would reveal the way to enter a hidden place. You will visit some key places of the city and of Dan Brown’s bestseller from a different perspective, such as Santa Maria del Popolo church, St. Peter’s Square, Santa Maria della Vittoria Church, Piazza Navona, Castel Sant’Angelo, and also the Passetto (from outside), a secret passageway of popes connecting the Vatican and Castel Sant’angelo (transfer will be by air-conditioned coach). Free afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. [B/D]
Day 5: The Vatican and Religious Rome
After breakfast at the hotel start a visit of Religious Rome beginning with the Vatican Museums and its unique treasures: the Candelabra, the Tapestries and the Geographic Maps Galleries, the Raphael Rooms and Michelangelo’s magnificent masterpiece: the Sistine Chapel. Continue to St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in Christendom and its incredible statues and altar by Bernini with an expert English guide (“skip the line” entrance tickets included). You will arrive at the imposing St. Peter’s Square and then proceed to visit the three major Basilicas: St. Mary Major, one of the oldest shrines dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, a shrine containing a relic from the manger of the infant Jesus; St. John in Lateran, the former residence of the Popes prior to their return to Rome in 1377; St. Paul Outside the Wall, which houses the remains of St. Paul under its main altar. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. [B/D]
Day 6: Rome
Unless id Sunday* or Wednesday* enjoy the day at you leisure to discover Rome by your own: time for last minute shopping or to reflect on the many years of Christian continuity in the world center of the Western Church. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. [B/D]
*IF SUNDAY: attend the Sunday mass in St. Peter’s Square and the Blessing given by His Holiness Pope Francis;
IF WEDNESDAY: attend the weekly Papal Audience in St. Peter’s Square and the Blessing given by His Holiness Pope Francis.
Day 7: Rome-USA
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and be ready to be picked up for your private transfer from the hotel to Fiumicino International Airport and board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- International airline tickets
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 5 nights’ accommodation at a Rome hotel
- Breakfast daily
- Dinner daily
- Tour of Christian Rome and Catacombs
- Tour of Bernini’s Rome
- Tour of Ancient Rome including GOOFO VR Experience headsets
- Tour of Vatican City including headsets
- Technical and religious assistance
- English-speaking guide during the visits and tours
- Entrance tickets to sites visited
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Rome||Albergo del Senato||5|
|Rome||Martis Palace Hotel||5|
|Rome||Elizabeth Unique Hotel||5|
LOCATION: The location may be in the center of Rome or near the Vatican
MEAL PLAN: Normally we include daily breakfast and dinner for all groups. However, the meal plan may vary depending on the organizer's request
All hotels will be requested after discussion with the group Organizer
The price for the group will be quoted based on the number of passengers, season, hotel type and meal plan.
Group organizers always travel for free if the group has 15 or more paying passengers.
Inclusion of tour conductors maybe considered at time of request.
- If you wish to use this program for your group please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with you to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the land journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our special Leisure Fares, buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Tour Code: IT01ROM20GT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.