Rome - Genius, Angels & Demons
||Relaxation, Art, History, Culture, Fun
|No. of days:
||6 days - 5 nights
|First & Last Cities:
||Christian Rome, Rome & the "Illuminati", Ancient Rome, the Vatican
||From: $945 including airfare
Day 1: Rome
After arrival at Fiumicino International Airport you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel in Rome’s city center. Rest of the day at leisure to rest and relax after the long journey. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Rome – The Ancient Christians
Have breakfast at the hotel and enjoy a morning at leisure to star discovering the neighborhood and the city’s lively streets and colorful districts on your own. You can use your 48-hour sightseeing pass to have an overlook of the most important monuments and sites of the Eternal City. After lunch on your own, you will join your first tour with an expert guide to follow the historical paths furrowing the Italian capital. Firstly, you will reach the Esquiline Hill, where you will discover the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore and its treasures. The tour will continue to the Scala Sancta (Holy Staircase), the Lateran Palace with a thorough visit to the Basilica of San Giovanni, the cathedral of Rome. You will proceed along the Ancient Appian Way, passing by the Chapel of “Domine Quo Vadis”, and you will arrive at the Catacombs, an ancient hiding place and then Christian and Jewish underground cemeteries, dating back to the first centuries of Christianity. There, you will access the Catacombs of San Callisto, Santa Domitilla or San Sebastiano (depending on the season – entrance tickets included). The tour will end at the magnificent ruins of imperial Baths of Caracalla. Free evening and overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 3: Rome – The “illuminati”
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before you start a visit of Rome with an expert guide, following the path of Dan Brown’s intriguing best seller Angels and Demons and the celebrated 14th century poet Dante. Explore Rome’s picturesque churches and charming piazzas, breathing the air of mystery and romance. The 17th century Rome was the cradle of Illuminati, one of the most influential secret societies of all times. Leaders of this society were Galileo Galilei and Gian Lorenzo Bernini who created the Path of Illumination by depositing clues around the city that, once solved, would reveal the way to enter a hidden place. You will visit some key places of the city and of Dan Brown’s bestseller from a different perspective, such as Santa Maria del Popolo church, St. Peter’s Square, Santa Maria della Vittoria Church, Piazza Navona, Castel Sant’Angelo, and also the Passetto (from outside), a secret passageway of popes connecting the Vatican and Castel Sant’angelo (transfer will be by air-conditioned coach). Free afternoon and overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 4: Rome – The Ancient Romans & the Vatican
Have breakfast at the hotel and, then, start your visit of the Ancient part of Rome, accompanied by an expert guide, including the Coliseum, one of the most famous monuments in the world, the Palatine Hill, the most exclusive district with the opulent palaces of emperors and patrician families, and the Roman Forum, the center of Roman public and economic life (skip the line entrance tickets included). Then enjoy lunch on your own, and in the afternoon, you will continue your journey with a visit to the Vatican Museums and its immense collection built up by the popes throughout the centuries, Sistine Chapel with the breathtaking frescoes by Michelangelo, and St. Peter’s Basilica and its incredible statues and altar by Bernini with an expert English guide (“skip the line” entrance tickets included). You will arrive at the imposing St. Peter’s Square (Should St. Peter’s Basilica be closed for religious ceremonies; the tour will instead include the visit of Raphael’s rooms). Free evening and overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 5: Rome
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure to continue the discovery of Rome and Trastevere or go back and revisit the districts and sites you have liked the most. Overnight at the hotel. [B]
Day 6: Rome, USA
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and be ready to be picked up for your private transfer from the hotel to Fiumicino International Airport and board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
Note: Depending on arrival day in Rome the order of the tours may be changed to comply with operating schedules.
(1) This tour is available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
(2) This tour is available on Tuesday and Sunday
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Rome City tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking, depending on availability
From: $945 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
- Trip days
- Cities and sites
- Other options
- The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
- If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT01ROM2iIC
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
- Rome City tax per person and per night. To be paid directly to the hotel:
- First Class: € 6,00
- Superior Tourist: € 4,00