Sardinia in a Nutshell
Sardinia in a Nutshell
|Purpose:||Relaxation, Discovery, Culure, History|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Cagliari|
|Other cities:||Nora, Barumini, Oristano, Bosa, Alghero, Capo Caccia, Sassari, Tempio Pausania, Olbia, Arzachena, La Maddalena Archipelago, Costa Smeralda, Orgosolo|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,659 including airfare|
Day 1, Sun: Cagliari
Arrival at Cagliari airport and transfer (group transfer with other passengers) to the hotel. Dinner and accommodation. [D]
Day 2, Mon: Cagliari (Nora)
Breakfast at the hotel and then depart to Nora, ancient city founded under the domain of the Phoenicians between the XIX and VIII B.C. It was the largest city of the island during the Roman domination, becoming the capital of the Roman province of Sardinia. Return to Cagliari and sightseeing tour of the city. Rest of the day at leisure. Accommodation. [B]
Day 3, Tue: Cagliari, Barumini, Oristano, Bosa, Alghero
After breakfast at the hotel, depart to Barumini, where we will visit the complex of Su Nuraxi. Continue to Oristano, where you will have some time at leisure to visit the largest city of Western Sardinia. The trip will go on with a brief stop in the town of San Giovanni di Sinis, where we can find the oldest Church in Sardinia, Paleo-Christian jewel of the VI century. Leave then towards Bosa, one of the most beautiful and most visited medieval villages in Northern Sardinia. Free time to explore its small squares and alleys, full of palaces in pink stone, churches and its impressive Malaspina Castle that dominates the town. Departure for Alghero. Dinner and accommodation. [B/D]
Day 4, Wed: Alghero (Capo Caccia)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will have a sightseeing tour of the city in which the Catalan past is still perceived today, not only in the street signs, but also in its architecture, its cuisine, its dialect and its traditions. Afternoon at leisure or optional visit to the Promontory of Capo Caccia and the Cave of Neptune: we will embark on a motorboat that will hug the coastline Capo Caccia’s riprap, to enter then inside the Cave; from here you can admire the great sculptures of stalactites and stalagmites that are reflected in the crystal-clear waters. Back to the hotel. Dinner and accommodation. [B/D]
Day 5, Thu: Alghero, Sassari, Tempio Pausania, Olbia
Breakfast at the hotel. The morning will begin with an excursion to Sassar, where you will enjoy a sightseeing tour of the second most important city of Sardinia. Continuation to the Logudoro (Luggodoru in the Sardinian dialect), where we will visit what is considered the most beautiful and important Romanesque Church in all Sardinia, the Church of the Holy Trinity of Saccargia, built in the 12th century according to the system introduced by the Pisan maestros to alternate the limestone and basalt. Proceed then to Tempio Pausania, a city entirely built in granite; time at leisure to visit the city center. Next, we will reach be Olbia through Calangianus, capital of the cork (90% of the national production of Italy, with 3000 workers, 20 industrial complexes and 180 craft workshops). Arriva at the hotel in Olbia, dinner and accommodation. [B/D]
Day 6, Fri: Olbia (Arzachena, La Maddalena Archipelago, Costa Smeralda)
Breakfast at the hotel and following departure for Arzachena, where we will visit the Giants’ Tomb in Lu Coddu Vecchiu (Coddu ‘Ecchju in Sardinian dialect) and the Necropolis of Li Muri. Continue to Palau, where we will embark towards the Maddalena Archipelago. We will visit the most important of the major islands, the capital, island of La Maddalena. You will have free time to stroll around, passing by lively squares. Return by boat to Palau and then we will head to Porto Cervo, where we will make a brief stop in which is considered the heart of Costa Esmeralda and VIP's paradise. Return to Olbia. Dinner and accommodation. [B/D]
Day 7, Sat: Olbia, Orgosolo, Cagliari
After breakfast at the hotel, we will leave towards the mountainous heart of the Island, arriving first in Orgosolo; former village of shepherds, Orgosolo is the symbol of the cultural world of Barbagia and known primarily for its more than 150 murals. Traditional lunch in the countryside and then departure to Cagliari. Accommodation. [B/L]
Day 8, Sun: Cagliari
After breakfast, get ready for your transfer to Cagliari airport to board your flight back home. [B]
Note: the excursion to the Archipelago of la Maddalena depends on the weather and maritime conditions
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- Round-trip airfare USA-Cagliari
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 7 nights’ accommodation:
- Cagliari 3 nights
- Alghero 2 nights
- Olbia 2 nights
- Breakfast daily
- 1 lunch
- 5 dinners
- Sightseeing tours of:
- Nora archaeological site
- Su Nuraxi, Tombs of the Giants (Veccju Coddu)
- Saccargia Holy Trinity Church
- Arzachena Necropolis of Li Muri
- Entrance fees to sites visited
- Transportation by vehicle accordingly to the number of passengers
- Ferry to the La Maddalena Archipelago.
- English or Spanish-speaking driver/guide.
- City taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Cagliari||Hotel Regina Margherita||4.5|
|Hotel El Faro||4.5|
|Hotel Mercure Olbia||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,659 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT13CAG21SV
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.