Seattle, the Emerald City
Seattle, the Emerald City
Note: The Boeing tour doesn’t operate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Day 2: Seattle
Start your day with a visit to Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle has many retail shops and attractions to explore. Plenty of guides talk about the Gum Wall, Rachel the Pig, flying fish, and the “first” Starbucks. Perhaps do some shopping, or stop for a nosh. We are sure you’ll likely find something in this interesting place. Then, drive along the ocean to Seattle Center Space needle and experience two entirely new levels of thrills! From an all-glass floor on the lower level to floor-to-ceiling glass on the upper level enjoy the best panoramic views of the Emerald City. Continue your discovery with a short drive to Lake Union to see the houseboats. The Seattle Floating Home community represents a unique way of life, balancing urban living with nature. Today, the docks also provide a sanctuary for wildlife such as beaver, otters, eagles and blue herons that are no longer found in other metropolitan areas of this size. To end your afternoon drive to Pier 55and take the cruise to Tillicum Village, on tiny Blake Island, for a visit of the island. At the traditional longhouse where dinner and the show are presented is awash in artwork from Washington and Alaska coastal tribes. Dinner begins with clams in nectar followed by fire-roasted salmon and venison stew and presentation of ancient Salish stories told by dancers in traditional native wooden masks. [D]
Day 3: Seattle (Mt. Rainer, Tacoma)
No trip to Washington State is complete without a Mount Rainier experience! Leave for the park as soon as possible (about 1:45 drive) and join one of the available activities. Stroll through a temperate inland rainforest in spring. Hike with the wildflowers and gaze upon powerful waterfalls in the summer. Marvel at the fall colors each autumn. Discover epic skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing each winter. And fall in love with the world-class vistas that re-define spectacular year-round. Visit a wildlife park, follow a drive tour, take the scenic Mt. Rainier Gondola… In the afternoon had to Tacoma and pay a visit the Chihuly Bridge of Glass a stunning link to the Thea Foss Waterway and the Museum of Glass. The 500-foot pedestrian bridge holds three amazing Chihuly glass installations. From Pacific Avenue, you'll cross under the arches of the Washington State History Museum and arrive at the first glass installation, the Sea Form Pavilion with a variety of sculptures throughout, including some of the largest ever blown. You’ll emerge from the Bridge with a new appreciation of glass art. Continue to the Washington State Museum of History to discover the stories of Washington's past. Explore and be entertained while you learn about the state's unique people and places and their impact on the country and the world. It's an experience filled with interactive exhibits and displays, theatrical storytelling and dramatic artifacts. The last item on your list is LeMay-America's Car Museum (ACM), a destination for families and auto enthusiasts to celebrate America's love affair with the automobile and to learn how it shaped our society. Recognized as one the best automotive museums worldwide, it serves as an educational center for students of all ages, features 12 rotating exhibits and hosts five annual Signature Events. After the visit, continue to the airport (about 25 minutes) to drop-off your car and board your flight back home.
Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions some of the attractions in this itinerary may be closed until mid-June ‘21. Check before planning your trip.
· Round-trip airfare Chicago-Seattle
· 2 nights’ accommodation at hotels of your choice
· Breakfast daily where available
· Visit to Boeing Future of Flight
· Visit to Seattle Space Needle
· Cruise to Tillicum Village including dinner and show
· Day-pass to Mt, Rainier Nat’l Park
· Entrance to Bridge of Glass
· Admission to Washington Museum
· Admission to America’s Car Museum
· Ford rental for the duration of the trip including*:
o Automatic Transmission
o Air Conditioning
o 2 doors
o 4 seats
o Unlimited Mileage
o Sales Tax
o Local Fees
o Free Cancellation
* Toyota Corolla for 4 people or Land Rover Discovery for 6 people. Car models are just for information and similar types may be substituted.
· Airfare taxes and fees
· Car rental does not include:
o Additional Driver: $90
o Child Seat: $90
o Booster Seat: $90
o Rental GPS: $90
· Meals not mentioned under inclusions
· Travel Insurance
· Early check-in or late check out
· Wi-Fi in rooms
· Tips to guides or drivers
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|Superior Tourist Class|
|Seattle, WA||Hotel Max||4|
|Seattle, WA||Graduate Seattle||4|
|Superior First Class|
|Seattle, WA||Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $685 including airfare from Chicago
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Price above, based on Superior Tourist hotels and a minimum of 6 people traveling together, is per person and may change without notice. Prices for groups or smaller parties available.
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: UA11SEA21DTT
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Car can be upgraded upon request
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.