Shrines of Northern Italy
||Faith, Art, History, Culture, Fun
|No. of days:
||10 Days - 8 nights
|First & Last Cities:
||Padua, Pisa, Florence, Siena, Vatican
Day 1: USA-Venice
Depart the USA on overnight flight to Venice. Dinner and breakfast are served on board.
Day 2 – Venice, Padua
Upon arrival, meet with your guide and transfer to Padua. Visit the Basilica of St. Antony and the Scrovegni Chapel, with frescos by the renowned artist Giotto. Overnight. [D]
Day 3 – Padua (Venice)
Travel to Venice and visit: St. Mark’s Square with the Golden Basilica of St. Mark; the Bridge of Sighs; the extraordinary Doges’ Palace. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure in this fascinating city. Return to Padua for dinner and overnight. [B/D]
Day 4 – Padua, Pisa, Florence
Depart Padua to Florence, en route stop to Pisa and view the world-renowned Leaning Tower. Proceed through the wonderful countryside to the Renaissance city of Florence. Overnight. [B/D]
Day 5 – Florence, Siena
Tour of Florence, including: the Academia Gallery: housing the superb statue of “David” by Michelangelo; Piazza del Duomo; the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore; Giotto’s Bell Tower; the Romanesque Baptistery of St. John. Continue to Siena through the wonderful countryside. Overnight. [B/D]
Day 6 –Siena, Rome
Visit Siena, birthplace of Saints Catherine and Bernardine and one of Italy’s loveliest medieval cities. Stroll through the Piazza del Campo to view the Cathedral and the Basilica of St. Francis. Continue to Rome, the capital of Italy, city of Seven Hills, of Romulus and Remus fame, the spiritual centre and headquarters of the Catholic Church. Overnight: Rome x 4 nights. [B/D]
Day 7: Rome*
Tour of Rome including: The Coliseum, the Roman Forum, the Church of St. Peter in Chains to see Michelangelo's unique statue of Moses, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona. [B/D]
Day 8: Rome*
Visit the Religious Rome starting with the Vatican Museums and its unique treasures: the Candelabras, the Tapestries and the Geographic Maps Galleries, the Raphael Rooms and Michelangelo’s magnificent masterpiece: the Sistine Chapel. Continue to St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in Christendom and then proceed to visit the three major Basilicas: St. Mary Major, one of the oldest shrines dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, a shrine containing a relic from the manger of the infant Jesus; St. John in Lateran, the former residence of the Popes prior to their return to Rome in 1377; St. Paul Outside the Wall, which houses the remains of St. Paul under its main altar. [B/D]
Day 9: Rome*
Enjoy the day at you leisure to discover Rome by your own: time for last minute shopping or to reflect on the many years of Christian continuity in the world center of the Western Church. [B/D]
Day 10: Rome-USA
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the USA.
*IF SUNDAY: attend the Sunday mass in St. Peter’s Square and the Blessing given by His Holiness Pope Francis;
IF WEDNESDAY: attend the weekly Papal Audience in St. Peter’s Square and the Blessing given by His Holiness Pope Francis.
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner | [D] = Dinner
- Round trip flight between the USA and Rome
- Arrival transfer from Venice to Padua
- Accommodation in select hotels:
- Padua: 2 nights
- Florence: 1 night
- Siena – 1 night
- Rome – 4 nights
- Breakfast daily
- Dinner daily
- Visits as described in the Itinerary
- Technical and Religious assistance
- Entrance fees for visited monuments
- English speaking guide
- All local taxes and service fees
Not included in tour
- Airfare fees and taxes
- Airfare difference between New York and another USA gateway
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips to guides or driver
Hotels in your Tour
||Hotel Al Prato
||Art Hotel Villa Agape
||Castello delle Quattro Torra
||Albergo del Senato
||Le Camp Suite & Spa
||Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
||Hotel Certosa Magiano
||Martis Palace Hotel
||Magestic Hotel Toscanelli
||Grand Hotel Continental
||Elizabeth Unique Hotel
LOCATION: The location may be in the center of Rome or near the Vatican
MEAL PLAN: Normally we include daily breakfast and dinner for all groups. However, the meal plan may vary depending on the organizer's request
The price for the group will be quoted based on the number of passengers, season, hotel type and meal plan.
Group organizers always travel for free if the group has 15 or more paying passengers.
Inclusion of tour conductors must be considered at time of request.
- If you wish to use this program for your group please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with you to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the land journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our special Leisure Fares, buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Tour Code: IT02VCE20GT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.