Discover Nomadic Kyrgyzstan
Discover Nomadic Kyrgyzstan
Discover Nomadic Kyrgyzstan
7 days – 6 nights
Bishkek, Suusamyr Valley, Kyzyl-Oi, Son-Kul Lake, Kochkor, Chon-Kemin National Park
Discovery, Hiking, Hordeback Riding, Culture, History
This program may be operated for individuals or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary
Day 1: Bishkek
After Immigration and Customs formalities at Kishkek airport you’ll be met by your driver for a transfer to your hotel downtown.
Day 2: Bishkek, Suusamyr Valley, Kyzyl-Oi
Your guide will meet you at your hotel at 9 a.m. Together, you leave for the magnificent valley of Sousamir. Then, continue to the small village of Kyzyl-Oi, located at an altitude of 6,905 feet. The village takes its name from its surrounding mountains, with shades of red. The road that leads us there is a bit bumpy, but gradually we enter a completely different setting. Walk in the surroundings during the afternoon. [B/L/D]
Day 3: Kyzyl-Oi, Son-Kul Lake
Arrival on the banks of Son-Kul Lake, the second wonder of Kyrgyzstan. This immense Alpine lake is the country's first freshwater reserve. Located in the middle of the celestial mountains, it rises to an altitude of 9,895 feet and has long stimulated the imagination of foreign travelers. Its crystal-clear water is of incredible purity and changes color over time, passing from blue to green, sometimes turning orange. This afternoon you may go for a short horseback ride, after lunch. Rest of the day at leisure. [B/L/D]
Day 4: Son-Kul Lake
Take advantage of this day to relax and discover the way of life of the family with whom you are staying. Attend the creation of dairy products, the gathering of herds or even the milking of cows. [B/L/D]
Day 5: Son-Kul Lake, Kochkor, Chon-Kemin National Park
We take the main road to the village of Kochkor, renowned for its local development initiatives. Visit the women's cooperative where felt carpets (sherdaks) are made. Then, attend a traditional Kyrgyz folklore show including a storyteller of Manas (legendary Kyrgyz heroes) and traditional music and songs. After the show, continue to Chon-Kemin National Park. Arrive in the green valley of Chon Kemin, a nature reserve offering a diversity of landscapes reconciling semi-desert, glaciers and gorge. Take the opportunity to stroll around and take in the fantasic scenery. Continue to the camping place for dinner and overnight. [B/L/D]
Day 6: Chon-Kemin National Park, Bishkek
This morning we get on our mounts and ride on the pastures of Chon Kemin. We stop to visit the ruins of the Burana Minaret, a Jami mosque destroyed in the 13th century during the Tartar invasions. Climb to the roof of the minaret where you can enjoy the splendid view of the surrounding countryside. Then, visit the associated museum before leaving the green mountains of Kyrgyzstan where you discovered a warm people with traditions still so persistent to this day. Return to the Kyrgyz capital for check-in and overnight at your hotel. [B/L]
Day 7: Bishkek
Early morning transfer to the airport to board your flight back home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/L] = Breakfast and Lunch | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
· Round-trip airfare New York/Bishkek
· Arrival and departure transfers
· 6 nights’ accommodation:
o Bishkek 2 nights
o Kyzyl-Oi 1 night
o Son-Kul Lake 2 nights
o Chon-Kemin 1 night
o Breakfast daily
o 5 lunches
o 4 dinners
· Mineral water in the vehicle
· Vehicle appropriate for the roads
· English-speaking driver/guide
· Horse rental
· Park entrance fees
· Cooking and sleeping equipment (sleeping bag)
· All local taxes
· Taxes and fees associated with airfares
· Passport fees
· Travel insurance
· Extra drinks alcoholic or not
· Meals not indicate in the itineray
· Phone calls
· Tips to guides or drivers
· Expenses of a personal nature
· Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|Kyzyl-Oi||Guest house||Not rated|
|Son-Kul Lake||Yurt||Not rated|
Accommodations will be confirmed at time of booking
|Participants||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5-6 Pax||7-8 Pax|
Prices are per person and may change without notice.
Prices single traveling alone are available upon request. Prices for parties of 5 and 7 are a combination of double and triplr rooms.
These programs can be customized for individuals and groups. Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: KG01FRU22KW
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.