Swiss Mountains and Glacier Express
Swiss Mountains and Glacier Express
|Purpose:||Relaxation, Culture, Discovery|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Zurich|
|Other cities:||Lucerne, Mount Titlis, Interlaken, Bern, Gruyeres, Geneva, Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Chur, Vaduz|
|Starting cost:||From: $3,825 including airfare|
Day 1: Sun: Zurich
Arrival at Zurich airport and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free to spend at your leisure. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 2 - Mon: Zurich, Lucerne, Mount Titlis, Interlaken
At 8 am you meet your guide at your in Zurich. Then we travel from Zurich to Lucerne. Sightseeing tour. At noon we continue to Engelberg. Take the rotating Rotair cable car to the top of Mount Titlis and its spectacular glacier. From an elevation of 9,908 feet, visitors enjoy spectacular views of the Central Alps. In the afternoon you visit the lakeside town of Brienz with its talented woodcarving artisans. Continue to Interlaken, at the foot of Mount Jungfrau. Accommodation at the hotel [B]
Day 3 – Tue: Interlaken, Bern, Gruyeres, Geneva
We drive along Lake Thun to Bern. Sightseeing tour of the city. Then we continue to Gruyeres with its impressive medieval castle. Accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 4 - Wed: Geneva, Montreux, Zermatt
Sightseeing tour of Geneva. Then you travel to Lausanne and Montreux with its magnificent Chillon Castle. In the afternoon you explore the Rodano river valley as far as Täsch. From here you continue by narrow gauge train to Zermatt, nestled at the foot of mighty Mount Matterhorn. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel. [B/D]
Day 5– Thu: Zermatt
Today you are free to explore at your leisure. Optional excursion to the top of Mount Gornegrat (not included). Dinner and accommodation at the hotel. [B]
Day 6 – Fri: Zermatt, St. Moritz (Glacier Express)
In the morning we board the famous Glacier Express train (reserved seat and lunch on board). Take in the impressive views of mountains, glaciers and snow capped peaks from the comfortable panorama railcar. In the afternoon you arrive at the famous St. Moritz ski resort. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 7 – Sat: St. Moritz, Chur, Vaduz, Zurich
In the morning we travel via the Julier Pass and Chur to Vaduz. Free time. Arrival at your hotel in Zurich for overnight. [B]
Day 8 – Sun: Zurich, USA
Have breakfast at your hotel and be ready for the transfer to Munich Airport for your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
- Round-trip airfare USA-Zurich
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 7 nights’ accommodation:
- Zurich – 2 nights
- Interlaken – 1 night
- Zermatt – 2 nights
- Geneva – 1 night
- St. Moritz – 1 night
- Breakfast daily
- 1 lunch
- 2 dinners
- Cable Car ticket to Mount Titlis
- 2nd class train ride Zermatt - St. Moritz on the Glacier Express (no guide)
- Sightseeing and excursions as described
- Transportation by A/C vehicle
- English speaking tour driver/guide during the entire tour*
* Please Note: This is a bilingual tour (English, Spanish)
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $3,825 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: CH02ZRH21MI
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.