Tanzania Fly-in Safari
Tanzania Fly-in Safari
4 days - 3 nights
Wildlife, Photography, Discovery, Adventure
Customize your tour!
O A balloon safari and extensions to above safari may be organized on request.
O Private game drive vehicle: May be organized if booked in advance.
O Tailormade packages: We will happily tailor-make any package to meet your requirements.
Day 1: Arusha, Serengeti
Morning flight from Arusha to the Serengeti. Our representative will meet you at the local airstrip and transfer you by vehicle to your camp. Overnight at selected Serengeti Wilderness Camp on a full board basis (all meals included).
Serengeti Wilderness Camps are located inside the national park, and designed in the safari style of old-simple, but comfortable with every need being taken care of. The camp comprises of maximum 12 tents, each comfortably furnished with great attention to detail. Quality linens, solar lighting, eco-friendly flush toilet and shower en-suite all add to your comfortable stay.
Serengeti Wilderness Camp (open November to mid-March) Centrally located in the Seronera area, this a great place to base up all year round. Seronera’s network of river valleys ensure year-round water supplies and support an incredibly rich wildlife population throughout the year. There is exceptional resident game in the area, including the big cats, herds of elephant, resident wildebeest and zebra, buffalo and plenty of antelope. At certain times of the year the camp is right in the heart of the migration’s path – an incredible spectacle.
Serengeti North Wilderness camp (open July to October)
This seasonal camp moves from Ndutu (in the south) during the calving season, to the North for the migration and river crossings. Our guides will take you to the best game viewing possible. Sometimes that may entail a long day in the vehicle, other days the game may be close by! Sumptuous meals are prepared by our friendly safari chefs, and are served in the dining tent, or directly under the stars. [L/D]
Days 2 & 3: Serengeti
Explore the Serengeti eco-system in our specially customized extended land cruisers, with enlarged windows and heightened roof to allow ease of photography and game-viewing, with plenty of room to stretch your legs. Our land cruisers have game viewing hatches that allow 360-degree views and are equipped with a cooler box/ fridge and reference books on Tanzania’s parks. The Serengeti National Park is arguably the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world. Serengeti means “endless plains” in the Masai language, and more than 3 million large mammals abound within its borders. About 35 species of plains animals may be seen here, including the so-called “big seven” – buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard, rhino, cheetah and African hunting dog. The black rhino population of the Serengeti has developed in recent years thanks to constant surveillance, but they are restricted to an inaccessible part of the park. There is, of course, also a profusion of birdlife with over 500 species including bustards, cranes, eagles, herons, owls, storks, vultures and the bizarre, long-legged secretary birds. But the most popular animals to be found here in greater abundance than elsewhere on the northern circuit are the cats. Lions, cheetahs and leopards may all be seen here along with other predators, such as the spotted hyena, golden and black-backed jackals, wild cats and servals. [B/L/D]
Day 4: Serengeti, Arusha
Bid farewell to the camp staff, and transfer to the airstrip – allowing a little time for game viewing en-route (you never know what you may see!). Flight back to Arusha. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [L/D] = Lunch and Dinner | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Airport transfers – Kilimanjaro/Arusha & Arusha domestic airport / back to Kilimanjaro
- Return domestic flights
- Arusha - Seronera – Arusha (for guests staying at Serengeti Wilderness Camp) or
- Arusha - Kogatende – Arusha (for guests staying at Serengeti North Wilderness Camp)
- Transfers airstrip/camp/airstrip
- 3 nights’ accommodation at selected camp
- All meals
- 2 scheduled guided game drives per day
- Services of host and guide at the camp
- Bottled water on safari
- Comprehensive passenger and public liability insurance
Additional day includes:
- Accommodation at selected camp
- 2 scheduled guided game drives
- All meals
Not included in tour
- International or domestic airfares
- Any taxes related to airfares or airports
- Park fees and entries (listed separately with Tour Prices)
- Optional tours or activities listed in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Meals and drinks not mentioned under inclusions
- Tips to guides or drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|North Wilderness Camp
|Ndutu Wilderness Camp
Hotel and camps will be confirmed at time of booking
The aim of our Essence of Tanzania safari is to be located as near to the migration as possible.
During the months December to mid-March, we include nights at Ndutu Wilderness for the wildebeest calving in the South.
Between April and July, our central Serengeti Wilderness Camp is well located for the herds moving through
From August to October we include two nights in the North for anticipated river crossings over the Mara River.
These programs can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
- Trip days
- Cities and sites
- Other options
- The program was designed with private services however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
- If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: TZ03ARK20WF
Signature option: Arusha overnight extension
If you are not flying out tonight, but overnighting in Arusha, we highly recommend heading out to Mosque Street. Here, you will find probably the best chicken in Africa (we will phone in your order the day before - to be sure...) Relax, eat, meet the locals ... real people. In every town there are a few gems - delightful places off the beaten track that give you a sense of the soul of the town. Khan's is undoubtedly one of the key attractions in Arusha, and while it's definitely been discovered, it's still the real deal. You may have heard of Khan's as "Chicken in the Ditch", "Chicken on the Bonnet", "Kuku on the Curb", "That place by Soko Kuu with the fantastic chicken" or "Zubeda Autospares by Day, Khan's Chicken BBQ by Night".
Tasty salads, Zanzibar pizzas, garlic naan, barbecued chicken, beef mishkaki and mutton shish kabob are all winners. Even the passion juice is top notch. But Khan's serves up more than an evening out - it's one place that will always remain a highlight of your trip to Arusha.
Another great spot is the " Lively Lady Bar and Grill ", down by the old train station, where the ambience is great (best pork chops ever), drinks icy, and, 1960's ROCK AND ROLL is played ... loudly!
However, you choose to end off your Essence trip with us, your journey through Tanzania promises to leave you with many fond memories.
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Weather and Eco-system in Tanzania:
Tanzania is a land without winter. However, if you are travelling to high altitude areas like Ngorongoro Crater and Kilimanjaro, the temperature drops substantially. The average temperature mentioned above are for exemplification only and may vary during your stay.
The Migration explained: The following should be used as a guideline when planning your safari to East Africa – movement of wildlife depends on a great many aspects. The following migration calendar helps to explain the seasonality of game viewing. Remember there is resident game throughout the year in the Serengeti/Ngorongoro eco-systems.
The large herds of wildebeest are generally in the southern plains of the Serengeti eco-system, calving takes place over approximately two weeks. An abundance of predators, good visibility of game, mix of open plains and some woodland.
The herds start moving toward central Serengeti. This is typically the rainy season, however, game viewing is still excellent and there are some great discounts available at lodges and camps. It generally doesn’t rain all day. Conditions for photography are generally superb with moody skies and good depth of color.
The wildebeest move from the central area and split to the west and north, continuing their trek toward the Mara River. River crossings may be seen in both the western corridor (Grumeti area) and north (Mara River) within the Serengeti.
Whilst some of the wildebeest successfully reach the Masai Mara, there are still hundreds of thousands remaining in the northern region of Serengeti, offering those with guests with loads of patience the chance to see exciting river crossings (the Mara River runs through the Serengeti).
The massive herds start to return from the north, to the southern plains, before the cycle repeats again!