Toucans and Monkeys
||Ecology & Relaxation
|No. of days:
||8 days - 7 nights
|First & Last Cities:
||Arenal, Pacific Coast, Manuel Antonio National Park
||$1,375 airfare included
This program may be operated for individuals or for groups
This 7-night Costa Rica vacation package provides the perfect combination between the natural beauty of the northern lowlands and the beautiful Pacific beaches!
Visit the Arenal Volcano area and relax at the Tabacon hot springs
Exploit the tropical wonders of the environmentally friendly Hanging Bridges.
Unwind at the white-sand beaches at Manuel Antonio
Day 1: San Jose, Arenal Volcano
Welcome to Costa Rica! Upon arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose, you will board your transportation to the Arenal Volcano area located in the Northern plains of Costa Rica; Enjoy a scenic, 4-hour ride. Pass through the Central Volcanic Mountain Range, where you will admire the incomparable landscapes, which include the tropical Rain and Cloud forests and its warm climate. Then, the journey is adorned by the beautiful scenery of the northern plains, with its abundance of spectacular natural surroundings and country villages. Once you arrive to the Arenal Volcano area, you will check-in to your hotel for the next 3 nights.
*Please note: When choosing your flights through the online booking process, please be sure to select one that arrives in San Jose by early afternoon, in order to accommodate the transfer time from San Jose International Airport to the Arenal Volcano area. Otherwise please add one night at San Jose at beginning
Day 2: Arenal Volcano
This morning visit the famous Arenal Hanging Bridges. The tour takes place on a 600 acres’ reserve filled with lush vegetation and a variety of birds and animals. Discover the rainforest canopy from an unrivaled perspective, as well as the impressive views of the Volcano from the hanging bridges. In afternoon relax at the world-famous Tabacón Hot Springs. The natural hot springs feature a hot river that flows through a series of pools. From cascading falls to tropical gardens, the hot springs are the result of rainwater heated by magma in the earth’s interior. Tabacón is in a very unique location full of natural jewels, and a “must-see” for anyone staying in the Arenal area. [B/D]
Day 3: Arenal Volcano
Today you have the entire day to explore the region at your leisure. Our recommendation is to visit the Arenal Volcano National Park that protects an active volcano with constant moderate explosions accompanied by roar, gases and ash emissions that raise high in the air. Other options in the area are the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge, the Venado Caves, La Fortuna Waterfall, and activities such as river floating, nature walks, hot springs, zip-lines, rafting, hiking and horseback riding. [B]
Day 4: Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio
Today you will travel on to the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park, located on the Pacific Coast: one of the most popular beach destinations in Costa Rica. The drive takes you via the scenic mountain roads to the majestic shores of the Pacific Ocean. Stay the next three nights at the Parador Resort & Spa Hotel. [B]
Day 5: Manuel Antonio
Morning visit to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Enjoy the extensive white-sand beaches backed by an evergreen forest that grows right up to the high tide line. Along the walk you will discover a wide variety of beach vegetation, lagoons, mangrove swamps, 109 species of mammals and 184 species of birds, several species of monkeys, iguanas, birds and possibly even the three-toed sloth. After a leisurely hike at the park, you can either relax on the beach (and return on you own), or return to your hotel, where you will spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure. [B]
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Today you have the entire day at leisure, to enjoy the grounds of you hotel. The Parador Resort & Spa; offers 3 beautiful pools overlooking the Pacific, a white-sand beach, winding nature trails to explore, 24-hour fitness center, tennis court and a pampering, full-service spa. [B]
Day 7: Manuel Antonio, San Jose
Early in the afternoon, depart for the trip back to San Jose. Overnight at your hotel. [B]
Day 8: San Jose, USA
Your Costa Rican eco-adventure comes to an end today. At agreed time, transfer to the airport for your flight home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner
· Round-trip airfare New York/San JosePrivate unescorted transportation from San Jose Int’l Airport SJO to Arenal Volcano
· Regular transfers:
o Arenal Volcano to Manuel Antonio
o Manuel Antonio to San Jose area
o San José to Juan Santamaría Int’l Airport
· 7 nights accommodation:
o Arenal Volcano - 3 nights
o Manuel Antonio - 3 nights
o San José -1 night
o Breakfast daily
o 1 dinner
· Evening Visit to Tabacón Hot Springs.
· Half-day tour to the Manuel Antonio National Park (regular)
· All hotel taxes
Not included in tour
· Airfare related taxes and fees
· Travel insurance
· Meals not specified in the program
· Optional activities or tours
· Tips to guides and/or drivers
· Local and/or international phone calls
· Personal and/or medical expenses
· Airport departure tax
Hotels in your Tour
||Radisson San Jose
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
** STA = Single Traveling Alone
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: CR01SJO22ST
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Private arrival and/or departure transfer
· The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
· We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.