|Purpose:||Discovery, Gastronomy, Culture, History|
|No. of days:||5 days - 4 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Palermo|
|Other cities:||Corleone, Ficuzza, Monreale, Segesta, Marsala, Trapani|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,129 including airfare|
Day 1 – Fri: Palermo
Arrival in Palermo airport. Transfer to your hotel. Meeting with the participants. Dinner and overnight at your hotel. [D]
Day 2 – Sat: Palermo (Corleone, Ficuzza)
Buffet breakfast at your hotel and enjoy this special day dedicated to one of the most famous social phenomena in Sicily. We will depart in the morning to the inland of Sicily and specifically to the area of Corleone, known for being the place where Mafia phenomena was born but also know nowadays for being the place where Mafia is firmly fought. We will firstly participate to an interesting and accurate cooking lesson: we will be able to prepare some of the most genuine and traditional Sicilian dishes (only for who desires to participate to the cooking lesson). After the cooking lesson, enjoy this special lunch. After lunch, we will experience an interesting LECTURE on Mafia. One of the inhabitants of Corleone, born in the UK, will present a fascinating discussion on the topic of the Sicilian Mafia but also explaining the origins and the way how Corleone inhabitants has taken to eliminate organized crime. Back to Palermo. Accommodation. [B/L]
Day 3 – Sun: Palermo (Monreale)
Buffet breakfast at enjoy a morning tour of Palermo, a city full of character, features Quattro Canti – a splendid example of Spanish Baroque architecture, the Palace of the Normans and its superb Palatine Chapel, the Cathedral, and the famous Benedictine Abbey of Monreale. Here you will admire a 12th century cathedral, housing very fine mosaics representing a complete cycle of the Old and New Testaments. Balance of the day is at leisure to relax or take an optional tour. Overnight [B/D]
Signature Option: Excursion to Cefalú
Day 4 – Mon: Palermo (Marsala, Salt Mills, Trapani)
Buffet breakfast at your hotel and journey to the sea town of Marsala, re-discovered in the 18th century by English merchant John Woodhouse and known for its sweet wines. Visit a wine cellar and sample some Marsala during a special wine tasting session. Drive along Trapani’s coastline and stop for a special Sicilian lunch in a restaurant and return to Palermo. Driving along the coast from Marsala towards Trapani you’ll come to a place, where shimmering heaps of white crystals, red roofed windmills and contained ponds grow in the horizon. It starts out as a mirage and gradually becomes more and more tangible, until you find yourself surrounded by the oldest chemical industry in the world. Back to Palermo. Dinner at a local restaurant and overnight at hotel. [B/L]
Day 5 – Tue: Palermo, USA
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to Palermo airport for your return flight home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/D] = Breakfast and Dinner |[B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Airfare USA-Palermo/Catania-USA
- Arrival and departure shared transfers
- 4 nights’ accommodation at first class hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 2 lunches*
- 3 dinners*
- Entrance fees at:
- Palermo - Palatine Chapel
- Monreale - Cloister
- 1 wine tasting at a local cellar in Marsala
- 1 cooking lesson in Corleone
- 1 Mafia lecture in Corleone
- Touring by A/C vehicle accordingly to the number of participants
- Professional English-speaking tour director or Driver/Guide
- Sightseeing as indicated, including local guides where necessary (Palermo)
- Headsets during the whole tour
- Porterage in/out in hotels
- City taxes
* include ¼ wine + ½ mineral water + coffee or cappuccino
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Palermo||Hotel Ai Cavalieri||4|
|Hotel Principe de Villafranca||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,129 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT10PMO21VS
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Signature Option: Excursion to Cefalú
Take advantage of this free afternoon to accompany your tour director to the picturesque fishing village of Cefalù. In the evening, enjoy a festive dinner with delectable cuisine and sparkling in a fashionable restaurant.