Winter in Sicily
Winter in Sicily
|Purpose:||Discovery, , Culture, History|
|No. of days:||8 days - 7 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Palermo|
|Other cities:||Monreale, Erice, Trapani, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Catania, Etna, Taormina, Syracuse, Noto, Messina, Cefalú|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,219 including airfare|
Day 1 - Mon: Palermo
Upon arrival at the airport you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel. Meet the rest of the participants at your hotel. Dinner. Overnight at hotel. [D]
Day 2 - Tue: Palermo (Monreale)
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, departure to Monreale and visit the Benedictine Cloister and the Cathedral. Under the suggestive excuse that a dream-vision in which he found a treasure hidden by his father, the Norman king William II carried out the construction of one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Europe. Later, you will return to the city of Palermo for a short panoramic tour by bus. Lunch at the hotel or at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, we will take a walk through the historic center of the Sicilian Capital. We will visit its main monuments such as the Palatine Chapel, the Cathedral of Palermo, the famous Pretoria Square, immense fountain completely worked in white Carrara marble, with mythological allegories, the Quattro Canti or Piazza Vigliena, in honor of the viceroy under whose mandate it was completed the construction of the four baroque palaces, at the intersection of Via Vittorio Emmanuele and Via Maqueda, the Norman church of the Martorana also called Santa Maria dell' Ammiraglio that was raised in 1143 by Giorgio de Antioquia, admiral of Roger II. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel in Palermo.. [B/L/D]
Day 3 - Wed: Palermo, Erice, Trapani, Agrigento
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Erice, a medieval town located 750 meters above sea level. It brings together many Sicilian features, such as a Norman urbanism, the Arab housing organization around the courtyard and a wide range of sweets. Continue to the western part of Sicily for the panoramic visit of Trapani with its salt flats. We will visit the sea salt production area surrounded by the Mills that allow the elaboration of the famous Trapani salt. Continuation to the Selinunte area where we will go to a rural house (recognized for its olive oil production) and where, before having lunch, we can taste the own elaborated oil. After lunch, departure to Agrigento: "The most beautiful city of mortals" where, today, you can still admire ten Doric temples that are erected in the valley. Visit the famous and unique "Valley of the Temples." Dinner Accommodation in the hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 4 - Thu: Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Catania
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. Depart to Piazza Armerina and visit the Villa Romana del Casale famous for its more than 3500 sqm meters of well-preserved mosaics. Lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, departure to Catania where we will stop at a local bar to taste one of the local sweets. Then enjoy a panoramic tour of the second biggest city in Sicily, known for its baroque style buildings. Dinner. Overnight at hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 5 - Fri: Catania (Etna, Taormina)
Buffet breakfast at hotel and meteorological conditions permitting, excursion to Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe (10,975 ft). The bus will bring us up to the “Rifugio Sapienza” 1800 m. Visit of the extinguished Craters of Mounts Silvestri. Wonderful variety of fauna and flora and moony landscapes can be seen on the way. The special ambient created during the centuries under nature, culture and history is inimitable all over the world. We will proceed to a farmhouse where we will taste the most special Sicilian dishes. Continuation to Taormina: pretty and romantic town on the Mount Tauro (670 ft). Spare time to visit (by your own) the famous Greek Theatre with a splendid view of the Mount Etna and the Ionian Sea or to do shopping and to stroll through the picturesque lanes of the city center. Back to Catania. Dinner. Overnight at hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 6 - Sat: Catania (Syracuse, Noto)
Buffet breakfast at your hotel. Departure to Syracuse and enjoy a guided tour of this venerable city highlights the Archaeological Park, Greek Theater, Latomia del Paradiso and Cave of Dyonisius’ Ear. Lunch at a local restaurant. Afternoon free in Syracuse or possibility to participate in an optional excursion to Noto. Back to Catania. Dinner and overnight at hotel. [B/L/D]
Signature Option: Excursion to Noto
Day 7 - Sun: Catania, Messina, Cefalù, Palermo
Buffet breakfast at hotel and depart to Messina for a panoramic visit of the city including some beautiful views on the Straight which separates Sicily from the mainland. Continue to Cefalù. Lunch at a local restaurant. Cefalù is a splendid fishermen’s village and seaside resort. Visit of the huge Norman Cathedral, founded in 1131 by Roger II and of the Medieval Lavatory. Time at leisure to stroll through the narrow lanes of the historic center full of shops and restaurants. Continue to Palermo. Dinner. Overnight to the hotel. [B/L/D]
Day 8 - Sun: Palermo, USA
Breakfast at hotel. At the appointed time you’ll be picked-up and transferred to the airport for your flight home. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [D] = Dinner | [B/L/D] = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Round-trip airfare USA-Palermo
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 7 nights’ accommodation in first class hotels:
- Palermo 3 nights
- Agrigento 1 night
- Catania 3 nights
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch daily
- Dinner daily
- Entrance fees at:
- Palermo - Palatine Chapel
- Monreale – Cloister
- Segesta - Doric Temple
- Agrigento - Valley of the Temples
- P. Amerina - Roman Villa del Casale
- Syracuse - archaeological area
- Panoramic visits in Segesta, Trapani, Catania, Messina and Cefalù
- Visits by clients’ own in Taormina
- 1 olive oil tasting + 1 typical local sweet + 1 wine tasting
- Compulsory whispers for visit to Palermo, Monreale and Syracuse Cathedrals
- Wireless audio kit per person throughout the tour
- Transportation by deluxe A/C vehicle accordingly to the number of passengers
- Spanish and English-speaking tour guide or Driver/Guide
- Local English/Spanish guides for visits to Palermo, Agrigento and Syracuse
- City taxes
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Cities tax
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Dioscuri Bay Palace||3.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
In some departures he hotel could be in Taormina instead of Catania
From: $1,219 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: IT12PMO21VS
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Signature Option: Excursion to Noto
Excursion to NOTO, capital of the Sicilian Baroque where, for a short time, you can admire the completely renovated Cathedral after several years of restoration (supplement to be paid on the spot. The optional excursion will take place only with a minimum of participants, and the price of the same will be paid on the spot).